1989 toyota corolla Transmission problem

My car all of a sudden lost power while I was driving home. Now all I can do is drive 50km/h. It wont switch to the next gear. It is a automatic. I was wondering
if u think it is a sensor or what do you think is wrong with my transmission.

At 50km/h, is the engine speed very high as if it needs to be in a higher gear or is the engine speed low for the road speed?
How many Km on the odometer?
When is the last time the transmission fluid was changed?
When is the last time the spark plugs, ignition wires, distributor, cap, and rotor were changed?
Is the engine carbureted or fuel injected?
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:46:34 -0600, Ray O wrote:

Sounds like something broke and it went into "limp mode"
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 04:25:37 +0000, chester07 wrote:

Turn the O/D "ON" and see if the O/D light flashes. You have to jumper the "Diagnostic" block under the hood, turn the ignition on and count the flashes. Google "Toyota Transmission Fault Codes" to get the jumper settings and flash codes.