Transmission problem

My car is an automatic Toyota Corolla 1989 It only drives in one speed very slow. It doesnt want to switch to the next gear. While I was driving home it just all of a sudden died down but still runs good. It just wont switch gears. I checked all the spark plugs and there all good. The tranny and engine were recently installed. What do u think it is???

Reply to
chester07

Ask the people who recently installed it to chech it. It could be as simple as a loose wire or as severe as a dead tranny.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

If the transmission is used, it may have failed. The other possibility is that the transmission's throttle cable is not adjusted properly. I would take it back to the place that installed the engine and transmission for diagnosis.

Reply to
Ray O