2001-2004 model year fatalities

Well none of them are my taste, but they are distinctive and they did push up Chrysler sales. Don't forget Chrysler's April 2007 sales were actually higher than their April 2006 sales. Even Toyota couldn't claim that. However, like a lot of distinctive vehicles, the market can become saturated. However, sometimes they can set trends. When the '86 Ford Taurus first arrived there was quite a few people who thought it was ugly. However within a new years a large number of cars were emulating the look.

I had some fun looking for a rental car for a vacation we are planning for next month. Four of us will be using one car, so I was looking for full size cars. Apparently full size means Taurus or Impala, which should be fine. What I found weird was that some rental car agencies considers the Dodge Charger a "premium" upgrade rental and charge more for it. I thought this was insane. The interior is smaller than an Impala, the V-6 Charger gets worse gas mileage than an Impala, and the trunk is smaller - on what wacko planet does this make it an upgrade? Interestingly one rental agency did consider the Charger to be the same class as the Impala. Personally, I'd consider it a downgrade compared to an Impala. But I guess different strokes for different folks. I only wish the "Taurus" would be the rebaged Ford Five Hundred, but I am certain it will be at least a one year old "old style" Taurus. I am hoping for the Impala.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

"C. E. White" ...

I'd say they're the Chryslers I notice the most, but that's probably because I find them so repugnant.

My best friend loved her 1985 Escort - I thought about getting one, but decided there were too damned many of them (same way I feel about the Camry)

Taurus (my Zodiac sign, if you believe that stuff) of the mid-90s resembled peach pits to me, so I never found them appealing. I don't really know what they look like now. Probably seen them, but didn't realize.

My uncle (or someone in my family) had an Impala and loved that thing, back in the 70s. I think the current ones look pretty sharp, but why do only slow-assed old folks drive them?!

LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll