2002 Avalon heater problem

Hi folks,

I have a problem that appeared gradually last month. when I first strt driving the car, less than 2 miles, I have plenty of heat. After I hit the highway (5-6 miles), the heat drops off to "warm". I have to raise the temp to 80+ to get anything.

Dealer replaced thermostat and cleaned sensors in cabin. Still no go.

Anybody seen this or have suggestions?

Thanks,

Bejay

Reply to
bejay53

You are describing the symptoms of a bad thermostat or bad cabin sensors so I can understand why the dealer took the actions you described. Did they check the cabin sensor output? Did they check the ambient air sensor output (located under the front bumper somewhere)?

Technical Service Bulletin AC009-04 outlines the procedure for checking various sensors for the AC system.

Reply to
Ray O