2005 Tacoma Daytime Running Lights

Of course...the voice of reason...they should be automatically activated and be undefeatable. Just as seatbelts should be integrated into a safety interlock system integrating the seat belt switches, the seat weight switches and the engine computer so that you cannot run the engine unless all the switch systems are in the proper mode.

Christ, many safety systems are much more complicated and are used all the time on aircraft without anyone giving them a second's thought...look at the lives that could be saved. But then, what'd the big hairy chested HE-men do with nothing to defeat so they can brag how frickin tough and fearless they are...they'd find out how tough they are the first time they T-bone some dunce who jumps a stop sign ahead of them...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

That's like saying "If you have four tires then why is your car painted blue?"

Reply to
Gord Beaman

For Christ's sake Philip...how many smashed up cars can you find with broken seatbelts, likely indicating severely damaged occupants who WERE wearing their belts??? So you think that that indicates that belts are NFG?...smarten up f'Christ sake...

Now then, dodge this point...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

What the FUCK do YOU know about CANADA? I LIVE in Canada. Have done so for

59 years. THERE is NO sea of headlights ANYWHERE in Canada that I have ever been in.

Reply to
Sharx35

Perhaps no vehicle with DRLs is more visible than any other vehicle with DRLs. A vehicle with DRLs will be more visible than the same vehicle in the same situation w/out DRLs. If making a vehcile more visible to others is a bad idea why even have lights of any kind on an automibile?

Reply to
Registered User

Believe me - they do, when the boat ramp is otherwise in total darkness and you're trying to see out your back window to aim your trailer, and another vehicle's running lights are on. You need any edge you can get sometimes.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

You're right. Hopefully, natural selection will "manage" those drivers eventually.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

The question was whether you had any solid data, not opinions. As far as "nobody any more visible", that's a pointless thing to say. The goal of DRLs is to minimize a situation everyone's seen: Depending on color, some vehicles seem to vanish in certain lighting conditions.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Fog lights - agreed. Also, there should be a special prison for twits who install those piercing blue-tinted headlights.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Two of your countrymen have stated this is the case where they live, outside of Toronto. This is an old old old forum subject, Ditzy. I should have been more Province (state) specific than to say broadly Canada.

Reply to
Philip

Just for clarity, the point I was making is that when all vehicles have DRLs, they all become equally "visible" again. The reason DRLs have worked with motorcycles is that ONLY motorcycles have been required to have them here in the USA. But in a population where ALL vehicles have DRLs, motorcycles lose that distinct advantage.

Reply to
Philip

LONG LONG ago in this recurring forum discussion, I conceded there is ONE lighting condition where running the headlamps while the sun is still up improves visibility to oncoming drivers. That condition is the when the sun is close to the horizon, particularly prolonged during winter months in the more northern latitudes.

Reply to
Philip

Another emotional outburst.

I"ve never seen a seat belt broken.

Tell me Gord, how much force does it take to break a seat belt when latched? By comparison, how much force does it take to separate the human body at waist level?

Reply to
Philip

Spoken like the truely emasculated Canadian male that you are. LOL

Reply to
Philip

You obviously learned at Herr Goebbels knee, i.e. the BIG LIE. You can repeat your bullshit all you want..it doesn't make it true.

Reply to
Sharx35

So, tell me why, exactly, does one HAVE to launch a boat in complete darkness? The only time I ever launched a boat in complete darkness was very early in the morning or very late at night, when damn near everyone else was asleep.

Reply to
Sharx35

Agreed. And it has little or nothing to do with the angle of the sun in the sky. On some paved roads, with oncoming traffic not separated by a median, some vehicles blend in, colourwise, to the asphalt, until relatively close. This can make passing VERY dangerous.

Reply to
Sharx35

THE SUN HAS TO SET AT EVERY PLACE ON EARTH. THE SUN IS CLOSE TO THE HORIZON AT SOME TIME OF THE DAY EVERYWHERE ON EARTH, save for the areas NEAR THE POLES during their winters.

Reply to
Sharx35

I think that Philip really IS a "girly man".

Reply to
Sharx35

If you want to know about some fabulous fishing spots with unlit ramps, just ask. I might tell you. :-) Gotta be there by 3:30, though, and start throwing lures into complete darkness before the sun comes up.

Reply to
Doug Kanter