88 Toyota Pickup Brake problem

Hope someone can help me out. I've recently replaced the Master cylinder on my truck and I can't get the brakes to work properly. I bench bled the MC, and the entire brake system. The brake pedal travels all the way to the floor and I have almost zero brake pressure. I'm beginning to think I have a faulty MC and I need to get a new one. I can't see any obvious leaks and the reservoir stays full so I'm pretty much at wits end. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

John

Reply to
faheyluv

Carefully pull back the boots on the rear wheel cylinders and make sure they are completely dry and not leaking.

Check the pushrod adjustment. If it is OK, then the MC is probably bad.

Reply to
Ray O

is the replacement MC new or rebuilt? if rebuilt, probably defective. personally, I'd go with a new rather than rebuilt, since my life would be on the line if the vehicle won't stop.

Reply to
: )