95 Toyota Corolla

I have problem with my 95 Toyota Corolla it is Automatic Transmission when we turn on the engine it is ok but when we shift from P-Park to D-drive or R-reverse the engine start to die as if it was choking... we check the battery , spark plugs and nothing happens.. please do help if u know something.. tks

Reply to
cute

Check the engine air filter to make sure it is not clogged.

Check for cracks or holes in the black plastic tube between the air filter housing and the throttle body.

Check for vacuum leaks.

Temporarily disconnect and plug the vacuum hoses from the EGR valve and see if the problem clears up. If it does, remove and clean out the inside of the EGR valve or replace it.

Check the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor that is attached tot he air filter housing. There is a tube that protrudes into the air flowing out of the air filter housing. You will see a thin wire inside the tube. If the tube is dirty or greasy, clean it gently with carburetor cleaner. Do not break the wire inside the tube, or you will need a new MAF sensor.

Check the idle air control valve to make sure it is moves freely. If it does not, clean it with carburetor cleaner.

Reply to
Ray O