95 corolla stalls

95 toyota corolla dx 1.8 195k heres the problem. my car stalled on me about 2 weeks ago. it started running rough for the first few min then just died, i had it towed home, i got it started again and it would run a little rough at idle, if i leave it running for a while it will eventually die. i can open the throttle about 2/5 of the way and i can rev it pretty high but once i open the throttle past 2/5 it dies.i changed the spark plugs and it started working fine, then four days later it stalled on me again, i tryed changing the spark plugs again just to get it home and it didnt work this time. its doin the same thing..i checked the cables and their fine, i changed the fuel filter and checked the fuel pump. please help
Reply to
jcorolla95

Check the air filter to make sure it is not clogged.

Check the black plastic intake snorkel between the air filter housing and the throttle body for holes, leaks, or cracks.

Check vacuum hoses for any leaks. It would be even better to measure manifold vacuum.

Check ignition base timing.

Check the condition of the spark plug wires, rotor, and cap (if it has a distributor).

Reply to
Ray O

Is it possible that there is a problem with the Throttle Position Switch (TPS)? Or is that applicable to this year/model?

Reply to
Paul Elliot