Are Yarios any good?

We looked at a Yario hatchback at a Toyota dealer today.

These look nice and I know Toyotas are supposed to be dependable but does anybody here have one and do they hold up pretty well?

Also what gas mileage do you get. I know the sticker says 40 mpg on the highway but how much mileage do you really get with these?

thank you TL

Reply to
Tom Levigne

If you mean Yaris, then, yes, I would assume it is a good car. It is based on a long line of inexpensive, economical cars Toyota has been making going all the way back to at least the 70's. Of course, it is modern, updated, and current. but they have been making cars like this almost forever.

The engine and transmission are well proven assemblies. The bodies are minimal and lightweight, but they are usually pretty durable.

Reply to
Hachiroku

You mean Yaris. I have owned a Yaris for 2 weeks. Let me give you the good and the bad.

First the BAD!

The steering wheel feels like a cheap plastic but that can easily be remedied with a good leather steering wheel cover. The seat to me feels like it is high for the size of the car. However, I am 6'2. If you are 6'2 and want to feel real comfortable then this isnt the car for you. The tilt steering doesnt come up near as high as it does in other cars with tilt steering. Also, this car is louder than others. If you are on the highway then expect a louder car than you would usually have. The standard CD player is what it is...It cannot be replaced except for the same kind of CD player. At least that is what the dealer told me. However, it is a good CD player and should fit your standard needs.

The GOOD!

The car has awesome steering. I dont think I have ever driven a car that turns as easily as this car. Furthermore, the gas mileage is awesome. I have tried an entire tank out so far and have gotten a few hundered miles on it. Has MP3 plug in. They are nice looking cars for economy cars and they are extremely easy to park as well.

Personally, I would tell you that if youre going to get one then go ahead and get the Sedan... not the coupe... I think you will find the sedan a little bigger in the front as far as sitting is concerned.

Ultimately, for me the goods outweigh the bads. I mean, if I could afford a Camry then I would have gone with a Camry, but in my current situation all I can afford is this. It's a good car.

Also, I have some advice on purchasing. Email me if you would like to know more... snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
Go Mavs

As I recall, someone on the newsgroup said recently that the seats felt like cheap cardboard. I don't know myself, because I've never seen one at the Toyota dealer. Or sat in one. I think I'd also want to take a look and a drive at a Honda Fit and the comparable Nissan vehicle before I made up my mind.

Reply to
mack

Talking about the BAD,

If you are looking for a spacious car then obviously Yaris is not your cup of tea judging your height.

I would say quality of the steering wheel & other accessories match the car price.

What can you ask for?

BTW I do agree with you on the GOOD.

_______________________ Free Tips to Save Car Gas Bill & Much More @

Get Any eBook for Free @ http://t> You mean Yaris. I have owned a Yaris for 2 weeks. Let me give you the good

Reply to
Stabilized

"mack" ...

That was me. If these things are not deal breakers, Toyota has a history of making small cars that run forever and this would be a very good bet on that. The Yaris is a car that we almost bought. There is just a price to be paid for not paying the price. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

The Fit is nice. The Versa looks nice...

Reply to
Hachiroku