buying a used car

Hello there... our 97 Rav4 AWD (after 190,000 kms & engine light always going on after reset (replaced exhaust system, 02 sensor,spark plug, loud noise coming from timing belt water pump cover which both replaced 2 years ago, checked gas cap sealed tight & gas guage acting up...so is the price of gas) it's time to bid farewell. I was looking at the ff cars:

1) 02 Honda Accord EX-L V4 with 70,000 loaded but no traction control asking &17k (sporty ride with luxury) 2) 02 Camry LE 4 cyl with 133,000 asking $15k (big car for a 4cyl) 3) 02 Camry XLE 4cyl with 150,000 & towing pkg asking $16k 4) 05 Corolla CE Cpkg with 36,000 (former Thrifty's Car Rental) asking $16k (pretty basic) Those are all dealer prices (I'm in N. Falls, Canada btw) & it will be replacing my wife's Rav4. Which car will be better on the long run in terms of maintanance & reliabilty (we test drove all 4). I like Toyota, but the Accord is nice too. I currently drive a 90 celica gt 5spd 5sfe with 90,000 original km that my father bought in 92 (talk about reliability). Need help pls. Thank You
Reply to
NikNok

A CE with package C is hardly basic. It actually has a lot of options including A/C, power windows and locks, cruise control. Both my folks and my brother have CE's ('04 and '05) and they love them. It has good power and gets excellent class-leading gas mileage.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Reply to
NikNok

In that case, you really can't go wrong with any of your other choices. It all boils down to deciding if you want to pay a bit more to get something with lower miles.

And you really don't NEED traction control. All you need is a good set of winter tires.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

If it were me I would price a new Camry. I realize you are talking Canadian dollars but some of you prices are not that far off from a low end 4 cylinder Camry and you will eliminate headaches.

Reply to
Art