'07 RAV4 Odometer Problem

Hi - Something strange happened to my Rav4's odometer - it gained approximately 1400 miles today. I'm a salesperson and I track my mileage with every stop and today (between stops) I came back to my car and the odometer changed from 9996 miles to around 11400 miles. Did a time-traveler take my RAV4 for a spin while I was on my sales call? Anyone heard of this - I don't think the display got switched to Kms.

Thanks,

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Gee, at least you get to charge a lot to the business for the mileage. ;-)

I would call the Toyota dealer and ask him. You should get your warranty extended by 1404 miles (11400 - 9996 = 1404). And they should be able to determine if there are other people who have had similar problems by looking on the TSB database.

BTW, if the odometer switch to kms, it would be around 16,000 km.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Check to make sure your odometer is not set to one of the trip meters and the display is not 1,114.0

Reply to
Ray O

That's what I was thinking. I recall somebody recently posting about a similar problem with a new Toyota, although I don't think he ever posted back here.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

I wonder if Geoff, the original poster will say this in a day or two......Oops, I read the wrong reading on the odometer!

Reply to
mack

Actually, what I do is leave the odometer on Trip 2 most of the time.

When I bought my Scion, it had 11,883 miles on it. I reset all the trip meters to 0. I use trip 1 for measuring fuel economy and, now with my new job, tracking mileage from job to job.

I use trip 2 to track the mileage *I* have put on the car since I bought it.

So, I think perhaps the OP may have had the ODO on trip 2, and then switched to the regular odo...

Reply to
Hachiroku