Corolla turn signals stopped working

The turn signal indicator on our 1994 Corolla stopped working today. No flashing lights in back, no clicking sound near the steering wheel.
Is this most likely a bad relay unit under the dash? If so, any hints on its appearance or where to locate it would be appreciated.
On 26 Apr 2006 14:02:53 -0700, "Al"

Was the flasher getting louder or slower before it stopped? If so, that could be it. Still, you should check the Turn Signal fuse first. BTW, sure you have brake lights?
--
gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
Thanks for the reply. Brake lights work ok, no strange sounds from flasher prior to sudden malfuction. Turn signal fuse looks ok (maybe I should swap it out anyway?).

First see if there is 12 volts coming to the flasher when the turn signal is activated. If there is, then apply 12 volts to the flasher and see if it clicks.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

Diagnosing an electrical problem requires a lot of luck, a multi-meter, or at the very least a 12 volt test light.
If you do not have a test light or multi-meter, check the fuses in the passenger compartment and under the hood. If the fuses are all OK, then you need to be able to check for power and ground at various points in the circuit with the test light or meter. Some Corollas have been known to have bad combination switches (the turn signal/headlight switch), again, you will need the test light or meter and a wiring diagram.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
Update: problem solved. It turned out to be a stuck hazard button on the dashboard. It was stuck just far enough in to disable the turn signals, but not far enough in to activate the hazard lights.
Thanks to those who suggested I check whether my turn signal problem might have some link to the hazard lights.