could just be the starter or something else?

I own a Toyota supra 87. This afternoon after a long drive (about an hour) I decided to stop at the store , my problem begun when I tried to turn the car on again, usually supras starters will not move if you have a low battery, the thing is that I just bought a new battery like

3 weeks ago. I assumed it had something to do with the hot weather (it felt like 98 degrees) so I decided to go back to the store , let the engine cool off and come back after half an hour. to my surprise the starter did worked this time. I'm about to buy a new starter, but I'm afraid that the problem is something else than the starter.

Anyone has an idea if something else is causing this problem, or tell me if I'm right.

thanks a lot

Reply to
Goinsane

Check the battery, battery cables, cable ground, and starter relay contacts.

Reply to
Ray O

thank you.

Ray O wrote:

Reply to
Goinsane

Reply to
Mike Perkins

I would not replace the starter until your sure that's the problem. If for no other reason, its a total bitch to R&R and usually just needs the contact thing. (forgot it's name)

Possibilities Loose or corroded wires (battery,body,frame,starter) Starter assembly (Toyota sells parts for it) starter relay clutch or neutral switch ignition switch alarm

GL Dan

Reply to
Danny G.