Exxon Superflo: major brand or off-brand???

Exxon is a well-known petroleum company, but their motor oil seems to be consistently lower priced than the major names (Castrol, Valvolene, etc.) Why is that the case? At first glance it would seem that their oil stands a good chance of being equal in quality to the more expensive major brands.

Any thoughts or opinions on Exxon oil anyone would care to share?

Reply to
Sean Elkins

I've used several cases of it -- it is often on sale with a rebate so is a good price. I change oil every 3000 miles and it works fine for me.

My guess is they produce higher volume than others. EXXON/Mobil is one huge company!

Reply to
Wolfgang

Tests of oil -

Reply to