Florida solution, Scott?

This was an article from the St. Petersburg Times Newspaper on Sunday. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix the Economy?" This article was one of the ideas submitted...

Dear Mr. President,

Patriotic retirement:

There's about 40 million people over 50 in the work force - pay them $1 million apiece severance with the following stipulations:

1) They leave their jobs. Forty million job openings -Unemployment fixed.

2) They buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They either buy a house/pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

Can't get any easier than that!

Reply to
tak

40,000,000 X$ 1,000,000 =3D $40,000,000,000,000 - that's $40 trillion. That would empty a lot of bank accounts.

How do you plan to pay for it?

Reply to
Jeff

Math and/or economics never held much fascination for you, right?

Were we to print another $40 T, what do you think $1 M would buy?

Reply to
bogusmailmark

Were we to print another $40 T, what do you think $1 M would buy?

***Finally, Somebody got it-- congratulations - there is no shortcut out of Bush's mess---TAK

Reply to
tak

Uh huh, right. It's lunch time, you'd better get back to work.

Reply to
bogusmailmark