Front Bumper Insect Guts

The insects that perish on the front bumper (Camry) die abruptly but as a final act of vengence they make it so their lifeless bodies are real difficult to scrub off. Anyone have any neat ideas on how to minimize this on a long trip. As I mentioned earlier, we are heading to Tulsa, OK to view the exhumation of the 57 Belvedere that they buried 50 years ago to the day. (I can hardly wait). jor

Reply to
jor

1) Rent a car. 2) Put Saran Wrap on the bumper and take if off when you get home. 3) Fly.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

See if you can get some 'Teflon' somewhere (like Simonize...you can get it on eBay)

Instead of using wax on the bumper, use the Teflon, and rinse it off with a hose. (Well, not QUITE that easy, but close!)

You can also get "Teflon" waxes at AutoZone.

If you already have guts, go to Family Dollar and get a sponge with a

*PLASTIC* web around it, and scrub GENTLY!!!
Reply to
Hachiroku

What I do is presoak the area with a few blasts of the hose. Let it sit a while while wet.. That usually helps.. Once they get nice and wet, most will blast right off with a strong hose nozzle.. The few remaining, I scrub off with a rag. I wouldn't mind seeing that car.. I've seen the website, etc.. Pretty kewl.. My brother lives in Tulsa, "Owasso", and I have property about 85 miles south of there on Lake Eufaula. I've been watching the weather seeing if it might be decent enough to go up there, but the forecast shows part time rain, rain, rain the next few days.. So I'll probably pass.. MK

Reply to
nm5k

OR simply clean them off with a mild solution of baking soda and water when you get were you are going. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Actually Dawn Dishwashing Liquid does a better job. The only problem is that it strips the wax.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

That is why we used baking soda and water on fleet cars, it will not harm the finish or remove wax

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Wax the bumper first.

I've never heard of Mike Hunter's solution, but it sounds like a good one. Simple Green is effective, along with a Dobie sponge.

BTW, what is the last thing to go through the bug's mind when it hits the bumper?

Reply to
Ray O

car bra

Reply to
GO Mavs

We're waiting, Ray.........

Reply to
mack

or drop a few bucks at the local car wash and when they don't all come off the bumper, ask them to wash it better.

Reply to
mack

jor opin'd thus:

Dupli-Color Shield:

If you have a light color Camry, use the clear; if it's dark, use the black.

BUT, the label says not to leave it on for more than three days (I know of someone who went five days with no issues) so it depends on your travel schedule . . . .

Reply to
Don Fearn

"Ray O" opin'd thus:

Its asshole.

Reply to
Don Fearn

When I see that on my bumper I think that it could have been worse. It could have been deer guts.

Doug

Reply to
DPH

I'd hate to hit a deer in the corolla. Would probably hurt me as bad as the deer.. :( I drive in deer infested areas quite a bit too.. Out in the TX hill country, they all come out at night to eat the grass along sides of the highways. So you gotta keep a beady eye out.. Some nights we've seen many of them.. One after another.. Often in groups.. If I hit one with the slope front corolla, he'd probably end up in the front seat with me.. I'd scoop em up right across my hood. The front on the corolla is so low, I can't even see the front of the car in a normal sitting position.. I think that's one reason it gets the mpg it does.. MK

Reply to
nm5k

Correctamundo!

Reply to
Ray O

See Don Fearn's post ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

Car bras, A.K.A. front end masks, can damage the paint if the paint or underside is dirty or the fabric gets loose at all. They can also cause the paint to fade differently from the rest of the car.

Reply to
Ray O

Car bras are a total waste of money plus grit and dust trapped underneath often abrades the finish. Additionally, they have to be removed for washing the vehicle, then replaces. Total waste of time.

Reply to
sharx35

Typical DEMONrat--comes up with a lame solution which involves blaming others, i.e. the car wash, for YOUR OWN problem.

Reply to
sharx35