Gawd! $280 for a Prius FOB key.

Warning: Do not lose the key (FOB) to your Prius. Dealer was $240 at the parts counter plus 1/2 hour in shop time to program it. Nothing like a $280 key to thwart those burglars.

My dumb fault for losing same though. :o(

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Does the car come with a regular non-electronic key?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Joe, I am only speaking of our Avalon and Highlander with the "fob" - they have key in the fob that you can open the door with (lots of help if you lose the fob eh?) Anyhow, I've seen no way to use it to start the car, only that if the fob battery is dead you can hold it against the button to allow it to start. you can use this little key to lock glove box too. only use I know. a couple of years ago there were some of the earlier fobs on e-bay (I was thinking of a spare -spare) Ron

Reply to
ron

That's just ridiculous.

Reply to