Re: Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

> Mike lives in Clapham, South London, he first began his postings

> > to usenet, BBS, and online forums back in 1996, which is long before > > most of you, especially google gropers, learned of he internet let > > alone knew how to use it. > > Fuck, I had broadband in 1996.

Exactly.

I had a Rat Shack M100 back in, what--1983. Complete with dialup.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I had a LAPTOP in 1983. Epson HX-20.

So there !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

And just what did you think an M100 was/is? I didn't get mine until

1984, but I used it until well into the 90's.

So...where?

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

And lemme guess, that's what you're using to poast to Usenet :)

Reply to
Meat Plow

Oh yeah? Well, I had a VAX in 1979 with a 300 baud modem.

That *WAS* broadband in 1979...

Reply to
Hachiroku

PDP11/34A with VT52(?) display terminal round about same time, with 'high speed' phone modem with two rubber sockets that the phone hanset jammed into !

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I STARTED with a PDP-11/03 with the same phone/cradle setup.

My favorite thing (I was at school, with two campuses 5 miles apart).

Go to the remote campus, log on and type "open KB## as input".

Then wait for someone on the other side to type in "hello" to log in. Then the fun began!

Reply to
Hachiroku