Re: I'm watching Fox News ...

... right now, and it sounds like at least one of the panelists is blaming

> the Bush Administration for the Bhutto assasination. Somehow, WE were > supposed to ensure her security inside of Pakistan.

Much of this I ignore because it is such absurd B.S.

> I'm not saying that one of our politicians is dissing Bush, I'm saying that > it looks like a Fox News contributor (panelist) is dissing Bush.

Which one is it?

Reply to
dbu.

It is BS the idea that we should assure the security of other nation's candidates, except under special conditions. Pakistan is not one of them.

We should keep their nuke arsenal on our target list however, just in case the country is taken over by the radical islamic such as was in Afghanistan.

Reply to
dbu.

Why not? You and your president think it's our business to ensure the security of entire countries. Why not just one person?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"JoeSpareBedroom"...

Your turn, Jeff.

Natalie, settling in with a bowl of popcorn, waiting for the show

Reply to
Wickeddoll

I didn't see Fox News, I'd watched CNBC and they were talking about the Bhutto assassination all day as the DOW went down 192 points. Musharraf, not Bush, should have provided her with more protection but Musharraf may be the next one on the Al Qaeda hit list. Chaos, civil war, Islamic radicals, nuclear weapons not a good mix.

Reply to
Frank

Add to the mix a moron of a president (Bush-2) who decided to reverse his father's decision, and let Pakistan buy F-16s. Let's see: We arm the Taliban to fight the Russians, and end up fighting the Taliban later. We arm Pakistan to fight (fill in the blank______) and we'll end up fighting them later.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Not a problem--we just stop selling them spare parts. An F-16 only gets a few hours of flight time before something breaks and has to be replaced.

Reply to
Sean Elkins

Considering who paid Bush to OK the sale, I'm sure Pakistan has already bought plenty of spare parts. Do you think these people are stupid?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Maybe we are more interested in the security of Musharaff than Bhutto. Regardless, these are the kind of risks politicians take in radical countries. This kind of thing is not uncommon around the world. Of course I wouldn't expect anything else from you, "It's Bush's fault, It's Bush's fault" has become your mantra even though he has done an outstanding job of keeping your head cut off by those same people who televised Nick Berg's beheading.

Reply to
badgolferman

LOL

Reply to
F.H.

You never saw me say this was Bush's fault. You really need to get to a doctor to discuss these hallucinations of yours.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It IS a valid point.

Reply to
witfal

"witfal" "Wickeddoll"

Agreed - that's why I want to see what Jeff says.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Neither of them went on UseNet and ended up owing people half a million bucks.

Reply to
sharx35

Who paid Bush to OK the sale? How much did they pay? Did he get a receipt?

Reply to
Sean Elkins

I'm not privy to that information. However, you're old enough to learn that any time politicians support a hideous idea, it's for one of two reasons. Either it's in their financial best interests, or they're stupid. Take your pick.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The left kooks have blamed the President for everything else, what make you believe this should be any different?

Reply to
Mike hunt

Still posting the lefty goofy stuff I see LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

Well, he IS responsible for his own policies, don't you think? Or, is there a hand up his back, making his mouth move?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

But you didn't blame it on stupidity---you very specifically accused him of being bribed. If you're not privy to the information then what basis do you have for making the charge?

Reply to
Sean Elkins