GM to add more crossover entries - why?

It's no wonder GM is losing money in a big way. They keep introducing too many new entries while discontinuing only a few. They think crossover sales have increased as a result of rising gas prices, but they guzzle as much gas as SUV's and minivans. As well, I haven't seen many Equinox's on the road since it was introduced; I've seen more Hyundai Tucsons than Equinox's.

If GM expects to survive, perhaps they should eliminate GMC (or Chevy's truck line) and possibly Pontiac in its entirety. Ford could do the same by eliminating Mercury. IMO, if it weren't for fleet services buying Impalas and Crown Victorias, and construction companies buying full-sized trucks, GM and Ford would be kaput by now.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit