Good source for genuine OEM Toyota parts?

Good source for genuine OEM Toyota parts?
Anyone knows where to get Toyota OEM parts for a reasonable price? My husband does a high volume of Toyota repairs in his shop and the
dealer is killing him!
Any info, thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated! TIA
Lisa
TROLL! Toyotas do not need to be repaired, Toyotas don't break down often enough to keep a shop in business ;)
mike

Loser...

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:45:27 -0400, Lisa wrote:

That's just Mike. Since we rave about our 'Toys' he thinks we think they are the best cars in the world (well...thay are!)
He'll grow on you in a short time.
Like a fungus...

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Try Conicelli Toyota's web site, "http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid 0"
What kind of a discount does the local dealer give to independent repair shops?
Thank you...
California! Sweet..Too far for us..we are really looking for something local or close by.
As far as discounts, we don't really know, but the prices are really over the top. I was looking online at some websites with trademotion and the prices are almost 50% off!!! I did not think the parts they carry are "genuine" or warranted by Toyota. How can you tell? Would these parts be warranted locally by a Toyota dealer?
We are young and we are still learning. My husband just finished his military service few months ago and took over a shop that has been closed for few years. His uncle used to own and operated until he passed away! Well, enough family history but again, thanks for your input.
Lisa

Talk to several local Toyota dealers and see what kind of wholesale arrangements they offer to shops.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)
"Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote in message

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 03:30:12 -0700, sabra9120 wrote:

Yeah, what Ray said.
The larger Toyota dealers don't want to lose the business, so if you call and ask them to match On-Line prices, they will often do that...or better.
The best on-line price I could find for a fuel tank was $375. Local dealer wanted $535, and a lot of them had it listed at $475. I called Jaffarian's in Haverhill, MA and asked if they matched Web prices. They turned me over to a guy who said, sure, we can match Web prices. So, the price for my tank was $339. I also needed gaskets, a sending unit for the oil press, and a couple small items.
He called me back and said your total is ~$360 plus tax. I said, wait, you got the sending unit in there? He said, yeah..oh, I was able to give you the tank for $279...!
It also varies from dealer to dealer. Most dealers wanted $24 for a distr. cap for my Supra, and $95 for spark plug wires. I got the cap from Champion Toyota in Texas for <$20, the rotor for a few dollars, and he wanted $78 for the wires. I got the wires (NGK) on E-Bay for $54 but the rest from Champion. He also threw in the valve cover gaskets for $8 when everyone else wanted $12.
Also, I needed a breather hose. $36 from the local dealer, $28 from Champion and I got it from Jaffarian's for $24. I can't remember the dealer that wanted $28; someone posted a link here and I lost it.
If you can find a wholesale dealer, tell them you don't want to play around. If they give you the absolute best prices they can, then you'll give them all your business. Just try to find someone within one day's shipping. My stuff comes from Jaffarian's in 3 days for stuff like the tank, and two days for the hose. Champion (Texas) takes a week or more.
Thank you..Good info!