Guess I should'a had my wallet...

Took the Supra to work today. The speedo never quite worked right and on the way to work it failed entirely.

Went to get a cup of coffee...no wallet. Oh, jeeze. Now, I had cash in my pocket, but almost EVERY SINGLE TIME I leave the house wothout my wallet...

On the way home, passing a few cars...pass a Statie on the side. Um, he's moving. I get off the next exit, anyways. Maybe he'll just drive by...

And...he doesn't. Ooops.

"License and registration, please." Ooops. Here's my license number. After what really seems an eternity... "Do you know how fast you were going?" "Um, actually, NO!"

85 in a 65. Must have been since the car was registered on Friday he gave me a break ("Gee, thanks, Sir!") $35 for license not in possession. No points. Lesson learned...
Reply to
Hachiroku

Oh grow up...

;-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I forget my wallet once every two years.

I get stopped once every two years.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Surely, you've caught on to this ploy. It's a tax not a lesson.

Reply to
FanJet

How does a guy in a supra get away with a warning? Do you have gray hair? I never get away with anything and I drive a craptacular saturn. It does not make sense. But at least you didn't get dinged, I suppose thats what counts. steve

steve goodsworth

You could have avoided even the $35 fine if you hadn't blurted out you gave yourself a woody searching for your wallet. mark_

Reply to
mark_digital

Sorry, Hachi, but...

BWAHAHAHAHA

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Hachi has plenty of grey hair. But he refuses to be an adult - which is why we love him.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I think I took this the wrong way initially: A tax for forgetting my wallet? The "Forgot your wallet tax"? Um, that's OK. The *OTHER* "tax" would have been about $175...and a couple points on my license.

Reply to
Hachiroku

"I'm older and have more insurance"

Yeah, I'm 50 and these days rarely drive over the speed limit.

And, the car is blue.

In my red 240SX 5 years ago I was getting bagged all the time. Funny thing is, my Corolla GT-S is Bright Red and I only got one speeding ticket in 20 years, and I used to drive the wheels off that thing!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yup, yer right on that count!

Reply to
Hachiroku

That's ok, I'm having trouble stifling it here! L(not quite)OL!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Doesn't matter what you call it. In fact, it's much better if you don't ask. You'll note it's arbitrary (you should've gotten the speeding ticket), the cops don't follow the rules (ever see THEM doing the speed limit?) and many (most?) municipalities are as hooked on the income as a crank dopper is on crack.

BTW, I've owned 2 new 240SXs. Needed a MUCH bigger engine - like the Japanese versions ;)

Reply to
FanJet

What I find funny about the whole speeding ticket thing is that according to the constitution, a law cannot be a law unless it can be evenly enforced. I don't know how many times I have been in a group of cars traveling 130km/h and was the only one to get pulled over.

Reply to
steve goodsworth

Impressive...a police officer gave a big break to a male driver. Normally, only women get away with that. You didnt dress up as a drag queen did you?

Reply to
Viperkiller

You may be on to somethng there. I've received more citations on red cars than anything else myself. Your Corolla's an aberration...I'm guessing.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Then they could've watched Brokeback Mountain together.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Nah. Thank God the car isn't RED!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hey, it was still pretty good for a Truck motor!

Reply to
Hachiroku

You know, he's got a point there... (has happened to me a few times too, esp in my Red 240SX...)

Reply to
Hachiroku