Guess I should'a had my wallet...

Your state needs to hire more cops it seems. The courts have ruled one cop can not 'observe' more than one vehicle at a time to make multiple traffic stops.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The whole system's a sham and *everybody* knows it. The best and only defense is to ALWAYS contest any ticket. Radio Shack quality radar manned by marginally trained operators is hardly a reason to assess points. They ought to take the money and run. That what they're after anyway. Honest cops will admit this privately.

Reply to
FanJet

But like any sham you can beat it, don't speed. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You might want to mention that to the cops. Setting an example, by obeying the law themselves, would be nice. Another would be to stop pretending they're the mother of all motherships. Nowadays, one can see the pompous lightshows a mile+ away. I also wonder if they have a clue that blowing past residential neighborhoods with the 140 db+ noise makers is dangerous to child and infant hearing.

Since you profess to be up on these matters, how does one 'beat' the bush/cheney sham?

Reply to
FanJet

What do you think was a sham? ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I bet you tapped your brake. I remember a cop telling me if he passes you going in the opposite direction and he sees you hit the brake he'll turn around and come after you. Ever since then I haven't tapped the brakes. My last ticket was for not coming to a complete stop. He gave me credit for looking both ways so he let me off with a warning. 15 years later EVERYBODY just rolls and then they're off again.

Reply to
mark_digital

Heh - You've confirmed what I suspected. I just figured you're asking for it by changing your driving.

That reminds me of a time in Phoenix that I was behind a cop car. He was doing about 15 miles over the speed suggestion, so I paced him - he hit his brake, I'd hit mine. At first I saw people around us slowing down, then they all eventually lined up behind and beside me, still pacing. LOL We were all pretty much daring him to pull us over.

None of us were.

My son used to be an 'Explorer' ("Junior cop"); he said the cops get really annoyed when people slow way down, cuz they wanna drive faster than the speed limit themselves. People would slow down when they'd see my son in his kiddie kop costume, driving *our* car!

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Nope. Figured, if I'm bagged, I'm bagged, and he's going to get me. Why advertise?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I asked a cop and he said that red cars stand out better and appear to be going faster! I guess it's been documented.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yup, you will not see many seasoned factory reps driving bright red (color code CMR = Catch Me Red) cars for demos for that reason. In New England, I used to get light blue cars in the spring and summer, beige metallic in the fall, white or silver in the winter. In California, the summer color is beige.

Reply to
Ray O