Hood liner?

I posted this on a different group but wasn't able to receive a quick response like I always do here. Any assistance anyone?

---HEAD--- I'm looking to quiet some of the noise coming from my engine compartment on my '90 Celica. Though it's not overly loud, I'm looking to make it as quiet as possible. The first option I thought of was to install a hood liner. I have heard that this can be rather effective

Does anyone have any recommendations of a hood liner that would work? I have seen Dynamat but from what I hear it's just far too overpriced and features the same quality as products that can be purchased for a cheaper price.

How difficult would it be to install the hood liner (my guess is simply clean the hood, then place it and cut)?

And one final question: What else can I do to help quiet my engine compartment? I am hoping to have it quiet on both the outside and inside of the vehicle.

THANKS.

---FOOT---

Reply to
omnineko

Go to a junk yard and get a hood liner from another car and use Household Goop to hold it in place.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh

I would agree, ive removed the lining from mine, but assuming you wanted it quiet (might be a 3sge or other engine in the model range not

3s related) you could find and alltrac hood liner or just use dynamat or similar so long as its spec'd safely - gets hot under there.
Reply to
Coyoteboy

It's nice to hear that your car sounds like a Porsche. I wish I could say the same of mine. ;) To me, it just sounds like a noisy lil four-banger with an exhaust leak or some sort of noise.

Does Dynamat actually work? Is it worth the $120+ that some places are charging?

I need to replace my armrest and when I f> why would you want to quiet it down?

Reply to
omnineko

Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh

There are other materials other than DynaMat. Usually Fiberglas batting is the normal for hood insulation...

Reply to
Hachiroku