high pitched squeak on suspension

Hi, novice has 1994 toyota corolla. we are being driven mad by a high pitch squeak that is coming from underneath. it seems connected to the suspension. i have squirted WD-40 into the bushes of the anti roll bars, but no joy.

i know this is a long shot asking someone to guess where on the suspension a high pitched squeak is coming from, but someone who is really familiar with this car might be able to give a good guess, i wonder? thanks

Reply to
Torgeaa

Had that on a VW once - turned out to be the driver's seat (!)

Sometimes your ears can deceive you - worth a check.

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

It is very difficult to diagnose the source of a sound without hearing the sound and the conditions under which the sound occurs. The chances of anyone's guess being correct will be higher if you describe the conditions when the noise occurs. Can you make the sound happen when the vehicle is sitting still by bouncing on the front or rear suspension? Left or right turn? What speed? Accelerating or decelerating? Weather conditions?

I do not recommend WD-40 as a lubricant, especially on something that gets a lot of contact like a sway bar bushing. Even if you have correctly identified the source of the noise, the WD-40 will not have any effect. The best stuff I've found to use on sway bar bushings is Ford bushing lube, next best is lithium or wheel bearing grease. For any attempt to lube the bushing to be effective, you have to remove the bracket holding the bushing, remove the bushing, clean it off, apply the lube, and re-assemble. This takes about 5 minutes per side.

Reply to
Ray O