In Parking lots, Hybrids Find Cold Shoulders too

People cannot accept the inevitable - be it on highways or in parking lots.

The final days of the SUV, RV, or relic ICE powered vehicle are approaching and their owners will be assimilated into the hybrid fold.

At least Consumer Reports made some minor adjustments to their hybrid cost savings errors in the latest issue. The bigger adjustments will be when the RV and SUV crowd finds depreciation to be at at record rate for them while the hybrid appreciates. Seems even the CR mentality is stuck in the same mindset of the U.S. auto manufacturers.

Here comes the $4 per gallon gas.

Reply to
B. Peg

At least USians can still say "here comes...". The UK had (in US terms) $6/gal petrol by mid-2005. (Mind, we don't have your long journies, mostly, so it doesn't itch quite so much.)

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

I think when the price of gasoline goes up everyone offsets it by looking for deals on food and clothing. But we're just kidding ourselves because we would have looked for a good deal anyway. It means though that less will go into savings. I'm an avid saver and it bothers me to know the bottom line is losing it's value.

mark_

Reply to
mark_digital