Jim Press leaves Toyota to join Chrysler as president

It really is getting bad. Guys like Bud and Jim, and Al Kalish, et al are gone. The old 'family' Toyota dealerships have given way to the Mega Dealers who really don't care about anything but making the sale.

Jim used to be happy (in a way...) to see you if you came in after the sale. Service managers now have the attitude of; get the car in, get it out fast (which is really not a bad thing...) and get this person out of here. The after the sale 'experience' is entirely different than it was in the 70's and 80's...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I would watch a Korean MFGR or even a Chinese once they get their quality problems sorted out...

Reply to
Hachiroku

You can say that again.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

I enjoyed my first district the most - MA west of 495, along and north of the Mass Pike, VT, and NH except the coast. The dealerships were all owned by individuals who were for the most part honest, and shared interests with me - cars and the outdoors!

Reply to
Ray O