Keyless entry failure?

Can't find any info on the Toyota site. If the keless entry system fails, what's the alternative for getting into the car?

Thanks!

Reply to
jwight

I think it was "jwight" who stated:

Toyota didn't provide an alternative to the keyless entry system.

Fortunately, they NEVER fail!

Reply to
Don Fearn

What kind of Toyota is it? Did you try the key?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Stick the key into the door.

Reply to
Ray O

I think it was Hachiroku ???? who stated:

SHHHHHHHH! You're giving it away!!

Entry without the keyless entry system is supposed to be SECRET!!!

Reply to
Don Fearn

I think it was "Ray O" who stated:

SHHHHHHHH! You're giving it away!!

Entry without the keyless entry system is supposed to be SECRET!!!

Reply to
Don Fearn

The old-fashioned way: the key. It involves shifting stuff from one hand &/or arm to the other to manually unlock the door, but hey, it works. ;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I think it was "Cathy F." who stated:

SHHHHHHHH! You're giving it away!!

Entry without the keyless entry system is supposed to be SECRET!!!

Reply to
Don Fearn

I know, I've been giving away a lot of insider secrets lately!

Reply to
Ray O

Hey, guy: The first time was funny. Second, maybe. Third...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Insert key, turn key, remove key, open door, WBMG. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I think it was Bruce L. Bergman who stated:

-->--,

The first time it was answered it was ridiculously unnecessary; second and third, too. Like someone can't figure out that the KEY will unlock their car? Really???

It was an OK troll: it caught three fishies . . . five if you include

-->-- and pooder . . . .

-- He who laughs last thinks slowest

Reply to
Don Fearn

Whether a troll or not in this sort of case, you just never know... Once while at the dealership, I heard someone ask a mechanic how to adjust the back of the driver's seat. Nothing fancy as in super-duper options & therefore maybe confusing controls - just how to adjust the angle of the seat back.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

The Prius has a key in the key fob. A LOT of Pruis owner's don't KNOW there's a key in the key fob! We were getting SO many calls at the dealership because NO ON READS THE MANUAL! They were thinking of charging for the calls! Then the sales manager made sure all the salespeople were showing the new owners the key in the key fob, to stop all the calls.

When I was working at the place in Vermont in their computer department, 3 people had Prius'. NOT A SINGLE ONE knew about the key in the fob!

THAT'S why I asked "What model is it?"

Reply to
Hachiroku