lifting a Previa

Is there any reasonable, practical way to gain a few more inches of undercarriage clearance on a Previa for use on back roads? What will it require and what will it compromise? If I could get another 3-4" I'd be a happy (literally) camper.

Reply to
Joe

For one thing it'll look funny. You'll also probably have shorter pedals and a lower steering wheel unless extended. Your center of gravity will be higher which will make the vehicle unstable in turns. Is it worth it?

Reply to
badgolferman

About the only way to increase ground clearance is to use taller tires. If you want another 4 inches of clearance, use wheels and tires that are about 8 inches larger in diameter.

Jack

Reply to
Retired VIP

Do you have the Previa RWD or All-Trac? What model year?

Firestone makes an air bag lift kit for some model years. Air bags fit inside the coil springs and can be used to adjust ride height.

Air Lift Company

also makes air bags for the Previa.

Reply to
Ray O

I have a 95 All-trac

Reply to
Joe

Go with one of the air bag lift kits.

Reply to
Ray O

Firestone doesnt seem to make anything for that vehicle; air lift only seems to make rear lifts and I want it all around. I havent been able to get hold of their customer service line yet.

Reply to
Joe

I think you are going to have a hard time finding a lift kit for the front. If you are concerned about bottoming out, I've heard that the rear lift kit greatly reduces the banging you hear when the rear suspension bottoms out.

Reply to
Ray O