Looking for Toyota newsgroups/forums

Hello. I presently drive a VW, but am seriously considering a Toyota for my next car. I'm trying to find an active newsgroup or forum where I can ask Toyota owners about the pros and cons of their cars. This newsgroup (alt.autos.toyota) seems to be pretty active, although the OT content is relatively high (not a complaint, just an observation ;-).

Is this THE primary Toyota newsgroup? If not, can anyone point me at other groups or forums with reasonable traffic, and good technical discussion on Toyotas?

Thanks for your time.

Reply to
walter_wpg

Ask away here; we're Toyota owners - after having a Plymouth/Chrysler & a Datsun (Nissan), I've been buying & driving Toyotas since '84, for ex.

Personally, all pros AFAIC re: my Toyotas, which have been Corollas (LE). Oh, except I dislike the tires they come with & so switch over to ones that are better in snow. But that's a pretty minor point. ;-) And while my Corolla gets good mileage & has low emissions, I *really* want a Prius - I wish they were a little less expensive.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

If you can weed through all of the OT content, this is a pretty good place to get Toyota info, AFAIK, this is the primary Toyota newsgroup, although there are other moderated ones out there.

If you have questions, ask away! We'll try to get you honest answers.

Reply to
Ray O

I haven't gotten bad advice out of here yet, other than maybe advice to change my political stance:).

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity