www.ptcruiserlinks.com forums and the admin problem

I just thought I would share my experience with the forums at www.ptcruiserlinks.com, I was an active member at these forums, in the top
ten of poster's, then one day I made the mistake of posting a review on an item that just happens to be made by one of the forums sponsor's.
Well this action got me banned from using the forums, then when other members came to my defence and asked that I be re-instated the admin. Jody, banned them also.
When the top poster to his forum asked why he was banned he was told, were having tech problems right now, which turned out to be a lie...
anyway, I could go on, and on, but be warned the admin doesn't allow anyone to knock his sponsors product's.
if anyone would like more info on my problems at ptcruiserlinks.com just let me know, I am 1 of about 10 people recently banned from the forum, due to the admin being on a power trip.
Yeah, I agree there are problems there. The sight doesn't get updated, he hosts other car sights and is letting the PT Cruiser sight slide. His "PT of the Week" has not been changed since last October. I used to go there daily, now I might go there once every other week and nothing has changed. Some old stuff, same old links, no updates, nothing new. But you do realize now that you've posted this, others will go there just to see what problems there are.

Jody,
were
anyone

top
an
just
due
Any recommendations on a good site or two? I have seen a couple of different custom bumpers on the street that I'd like to learn more about.
Thanks, Steve

different
google search for pt cruisers,
snipped-for-privacy@osu.edu (Steve Moore) wrote in

I tend to seek advice from the pt forums @ http://ptenthusiasts.org/PTForums/index.php
So far they've been good...
-t
--
Tod Weitzel
Email address is valid, but infrequently-checked.
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Punch wrote:

This is very typical of automotive forums on the internet. If you dare say anything but "YES! ABSOLUTELY! GO BUY IT! BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT!" about a product or service offered by one of the forum's sponsors, you're toast. If you mention a product or service that competes with one offered by one of the forum's sponsors, you're toast. If you come to the defence of someone who does either thing, you're toast.
It gets utterly ludicrous. This month, Shinez-a-loT Headlight Bulb Company sponsors dodgelancer.com, so all the articles in the forum say "Definitely buy Shinez-a-loT, they are without question the best product. Nothing else even comes close. Everything else sucks." Next month, when Shinez-a-loT is joined by Amalgamated Bulbco, the articles say "You can't go wrong with Shinez-a-loT or Amalgamated Bulbco products." And the month after that, when Shinez-a-loT drops their ad, the articles say "Shinez-a-loT's quality has dropped like a rock lately, avoid their junk. Definitely buy Amalgamated, they are without question the best product."
It's why I tend to stay off forums.
DS
I'm not up on the ecology of these auto forums... But aren't there any that are run by hobbyists or folks that are just interested in the subject, without any sponsorship?
Jerry

There are a couple for Studebakers at least that are private websites. PHPbb seems to be catching on. Still doesn't substitute for the real Studebaker Usenet group IMHO.
On the flip side, there's a Porsche bb (which is actually part of an aftermarket parts supplier's web site) that gets a lot more traffic than alt.autos.porsche. Go figure. Of course the last time I was really into Porsches, it was a mailing list... and alt.autos.porsche didn't exist.
I haven't been kicked off the new bb yet, nor do I know of similar occurrances, but then again I am more an asker than an answerer at this point (bought a 944 about which I know less than I should.)
nate
Jerry Liu wrote:

--
go dry to reply.
http://www.toad.net/~njnagel
Jerry Liu wrote:

Yep! Pennock's Fiero Forum http://www.fiero.nl is run by a really nice gentleman who does it as a hobby. He does accept donations and allows a few well-known Fiero vendors to have a very low-key and small banner, and about the only way to get banned is to be voted off by the membership. It takes a lot for that to happen, things like continuous flaming, excessive cursing, personal attacks, etc, and it has only happened a couple or three times in the last year, out of a membership of over eight thousand.
JazzMan
Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net.
Daniel J. Stern wrote in rec.autos.tech

snip
it's common practice on all forums, and especially bad on the more religious forums. Even the forums that are supposed to host a debate between two opposing view points. If someone posts something that is against the view point of the moderator/host, it will often times get tossed, and sometimes the poster gets banned. Not for bad or abusive language, insults, or anything untoward. Simply because he posts something the moderator does not want to see.

Yeah, me too, mostly. However, one can learn a great deal from them, and have some interesting discussions if you find a good forurm, or stay away from the sponsors.
--
Dick #1349
Damn it . . . Don't you dare ask God to help me.

its really to bad, I enjoyed the forum, but the admin is on a power trip...
For what it's worth, Allpar didn't actually have individual sponsors, and still doesn't, so insulting the sponsor isn't an issue... and there are a LOT of posts that run counter to the (former) host. It does take effort and a thick skin.

replying to Punch, ray wrote: is anyone a member to pt cruiser links.com? I would really like to join and the recaptcha for everything ia down so there is no way to contact them. any help would ve greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.