Lost power to radio, clock, lighters, and electric mirrors

Hi,

First time around, i need a bit of help....

I own a wonderful 2003 Toyota corolla, that i care for & love dearly, plugged an air compressor to fill up my tires, in the lighter socket. Since that moment the cars radio, clock, lighters, and electric mirrors aren't working. I checked all the fuses outside the car and inside with a test light. Repaired the 15 amp fuse for CIG but no good.

All the fuses work.

What could have happened?

Thanks for your advice, JD.

Reply to
anna.thone

My guess is still a fuse. Pull them and look at them. I'm not sure if this car has a fusible link for this circuit. Look in the fuse block under the hood at the large fusibles (it looks like a kid's block, sort of) and see if one of those is blown.

Reply to
hachiroku

Try the 25A AM1 fuse. All of those accessories are fed from the accessory contact in the ignition switch. Make sure the rear power point is working as well if not change out the 15A PPOINT fuse.

Reply to
user

Hi,

Thank you guys for your answers!

I found this -

seems to be quite a bit fuse pulling, Does it seem right? I know i'm over reacting, but just to be sure can this guys advice damage my "precious"?

Thank you for your help, JD

Reply to
katty.bini

Hi,

Thank you guys for your answers!

I found this -

seems to be quite a bit fuse pulling, Does it seem right? I know i'm over reacting, but just to be sure can this guys advice damage my "precious"?

Thank you for your help, JD

Reply to
katty.bini

They are describing checking for power to the fuse block for each circuit. Yes, it's a legitimate test, but more than likely, you just blew a fuse.

Replace the fuse I mentioned previously. It fuses everything on the accessory circuit in the ignition switch. The cigarette lighter is on that circuit.

Reply to
user

Ph,

Thanks again for your help, I think you are better then these experts at this fixya site!

I''l check the fuse during the weekend.

Can you pls tell me where can i find the fuse box?

Thank you for your help & trouble, JD.

Reply to
katty.bini

I thought as you mentioned in a previous post that you checked them all with a test light, but if I mis understood, the fuse I suggested is located in the fuse junction box at the lower left of the instrument panel / dash just above the hood latch release handle, position #16 on the block.

The other fuse junction box is located under the hood on the left side just above the wheel well.

Your owners manual should have some expanded information and perhaps a diagram or picture.

Good luck.

Reply to
user

Thank you i'll have a look & see if i can find it.

Reply to
anna.thone