Re: 2007 Matrix: gripes

You know, you really ought to be a bit nicer to your wife than pick

> out such a terrible POS for her to drive. Hopefully she will beat you > to a pulp for that, and then make you check her tires every night > before bed, LOL.

Actually, I like the car a lot. The seat and instruments bite, and the horsepower power and handling are just acceptable; but the reliability, quality, gas mileage and price are all outstanding! I've even started to like the way it looks.

Reply to
That Guy

If you're another one of those people who feels personally hurt by

> my criticisms of the Matrix and you want to provide a personally > insulting retort, save your time for something worthwhile.

Otherwise, why do you want to know my age?

Why would someone named "That Guy" worry about what someone named "JoeSpareBedroom" had to say about him?

cordially, as always,

rm

Reply to
rm

I have a Pontiac Vibe, which is the same as a Matrix. The dash isn't that

>bad, you do get used to it.

Agreed. It's just that I get irritated when idiot designers sacrifice function for form, especially when the form they choose isn't asthetically worthwhile.

It is easy to find the info like gas level, or tach without having to hut > for it. > > I would change the steering wheel, it's too small, and there are no elbow > rests so you HAVE to keep both hands on the wheel.

Well, I've seen some people drive with one hand in their lap, I suppose if your arms get tired from steering the car you could rest them like that. One at a time, of course. ;-)

The size of the steering wheel doesn't bother me, but if the seat went down three inches and the steering wheel telescoped out three to four inches, it would be close to perfect.

Reply to
That Guy

LOL! For once, I'm laughing WITH you!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I always like the way it looked, esp the XRs with the 180 HP engine and the add-ons!

As far as the seats and the instruments, I have the same problem with my Scion tC. The seats REALLY suck, and the only problem I have with instruments is the lack of them. Oil Pressure would have been really nice!

I have LED illumination in the Scion, it's Orange. I'm investigating changing it to Blue...you have to unsolder the LEDs and solder new ones in. I believe the Matrix is red over blue, which is what I want. Also, I think the Matrix is sojme sort of flourescent-tube display like the VW's, IIRC. I think it look Smooth!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I bet part of the steering wheel design is to keep you at least 10-12 inches away from the airbag... I bet thats why they don't telescope.. They probably fear many people would crank it right up next to them, and then they would see a slew of people damaged by the close airbag going off. I've never seen the inside of a matrix yet, but have seen a few on the road. I kinda liked the outside look of them. Myself, I just recently bought a corolla.. Been ok so far I suppose.. I've driven 1800 miles in that car just in the last three days looking at various real estate. Pretty peppy for a 1.8 L four banger. I had to do a couple of passing situations on the road, and it moved on out and around them no problem..I even kinda like the growl of the engine myself, although it bugs some people.. MK

Reply to
nm5k

That makes sense!

Same here.

Reply to
That Guy

LOL good point... I think.

Reply to
That Guy

There was a 180-HP engne available? Interesting. My XR only came with the de-tuned Corolla engine which I think is around 123 HP.

Yeah, that's always good.

Reply to
That Guy

Yeah, the XRs was available with a Celica engine, the 1.8L. However, it was discontinued in '06. I think it had to do with the discontinuation of the Celica in North America.

Yeah, it was a disappointment, and I don't want to add anything on unless it looks at least close to Factory. The car I see in the *bling* magazines are rediculous. It's a road car, not a drifter...

Reply to
Hachiroku