More bizarre all the time...OT

Well if she can make this kind of sacrifice, I guess I can give up driving.

witfal

How ANYBODY believes ANYTHING the Dim party kooks say is beyond me.

I'm going to be sure to get a tangerine tonight...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

And the next time I go to Canada, I'm having me a Cuban, some Absinthe, after my Elk steak with Spotted Owl salad...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hmm, I thought it was illegal for US Citizens to smoke Cuban cigars, even in Canada. . . Or do you mean a different kind of Cuban?

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

LOL....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

That reminds me of a joke:

---------------------------------

Man Caught Eating A Bald Eagle

A man is caught by a forest ranger, sitting at a makeshift campfire eating a bald eagle. The man is consequently jailed for the crime. Here's what happens at the trial:

Judge: "Do you know that eating a bald eagle is a federal offense?"

Man: "Yes, I do. But if you let me argue my case, I'll explain what happened."

Judge: "Proceed."

Man: "I got lost in the woods. I hadn't had anything to eat for two weeks. I was so hungry. Next thing I see is a bald eagle swooping down at the lake for some fish. I knew that if I followed the eagle I could maybe steal the fish. I caught up with the eagle which had landed on a tree stump to eat the fish. I threw a stone toward the eagle hoping he would drop the fish and fly away. Unfortunately, in my weakened condition, my aim was off, and the rock hit the eagle squarely on his poor little head, and killed it. I thought long and hard about what had happened, but figured that since I'd killed it, I might as well eat it, since it would be more disgraceful to let it rot on the ground. And that, you honor, was when the good ranger found me."

Judge: "The court will recess while we consider your testimony."

Fifteen minutes later...

Judge: "Due to the extreme circumstance you were under and because you didn't intend to kill the eagle, the court will dismiss the charges."

The judge then leans over the bench and whispers, "If you don't mind my asking, what does a bald eagle taste like?"

Man: "Well your honor, it is hard to explain. The best I can describe is it's somewhere between a California Condor and a Spotted Owl."

Reply to
badgolferman

LOL....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

LOL! I've been telling this joke for the past two days!

Bird killer to sleep in jail By GEORGE W. CLAXTON Recorder Staff

Reader Comments

  • "He shot the bald eagle by accident", give me a br... * He should have been sentenced for life for what...

Published: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 SPRINGFIELD -- The Sunderland man who slaughtered hundreds of migratory birds at his fish hatchery off Route 116 will be spending his nights in a federal facility and years on controlled release by order of a federal judge who sentenced him on Tuesday.

(Notice the "reader comments". Remember, I live in a LIBERAL area!)

Long story short, the guy owns a commercial fish hatchery, and the migratory birds were swooping in and eating up his profits.

They found 250 carcasses behind his house. I guess from other articles, the 'murders' took place over a few years.

I'm surprised the 'readers' were so lenient. With the k00ks around here, I'm surprised they didn't call for the Death sentance...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Whatever works!

What do they do, thake a lung sample? "You've been smoking Cubans!!!"

Then they garrot you with a Rosary...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Here's the rest of the 'reader's comments. One was added since I posted the story...;)

Reader comments:

Come on! Why stop with life in prison! Give him the Death Penalty!!!

Sheesh. The birds were eating up his profits! Yeah, he could have done other things, but in the short run he was protecting his investment.

Lighten up!!!

By JJ Thursday, Jul 26, 2007 at 05:31 AM

"He shot the bald eagle by accident", give me a break! If I find a feather of a bald eagle and keep it I am in trouble. But he can kill one, and 250 other beautiful, beloved (to some of us HUMANS)birds, and he only has to "sleep in jail". Too bad it won't be a huge bird cage with 250 of the species you killed. Your attorney is pathetic too. Saying you ,"have a reverence for wildlife." What a joke! If you had a thread of "reverence" you never would have committed this crime. And Mr Bongiorni, in case you conveniently forgot, the Bald Eagle is the symbolic bird of the United States of America.

By Mary H Wednesday, Jul 25, 2007 at 11:03 AM

He should have been sentenced for life for what he did, and serve it at cedar junction instead of a country club.

5 years is nothing but a slap on the wrist. And the rest of them got off. Judicial Accountability needs be asserted here and now.
Reply to
Hachiroku