My Toyota space cruiser model f gl (g reg)

i have a Toyota Space cruiser model f gl (g reg)when you start it up and the engine gets hot water pumps out of the overflow tank, there is no water in the oil or any white substance in the oil cap, the water hoses dont go solid, have taken out the thermostat, there is no water leaks from anywhere else, could you please advise me on what the problem could be Thanks

Reply to
get1956

It could be a bad radiator cap. Radiator caps are relatively inexpensive, and if the original one is more than 4 or 5 years old, I'd start by replacing it.

Reply to
Ray O

I have brought 2 or 3 new radiator caps in the last few months

Reply to
get1956

probably head gasket, get a garage to test for combustion gas above the water

Reply to
mrcheerful