No wonder everyone has gotten so goosey about grammar:

The Emperor ain't got none:

Success is not no violence." George W. Bush, on Iraq, Washington, D.C., May 2, 2007

"If the Iranians were to have a nuclear weapon they could proliferate." GWB, Washington D.C., March 21, 2006

"One of my concerns is that the health care not be as good as it can possibly be." GWB on military benefits, Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007

"Suiciders are willing to kill innocent life in order to send the projection that this is an impossible mission." GWB Washington, D.C., April 3, 2007

"And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it." GWB, on NPR Jan. 29, 2007

"Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is, sir. I talk to families who die." GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 7, 2006

"You know, when I campaigned here in 2000, I said, I want to be a war President. No President wants to be a war President, but I am one." GWB Des Moines, Iowa, Oct. 26, 2006

"And I suspect that what you'll see, Toby, is there will be a momentum, momentum will be gathered. Houses will begat jobs, jobs will begat houses." GWB, talking to reporters along the hurricane-ravaged Gulf Coast, Gulfport, Miss., Aug. 28, 2006

"You never know what your history is going to be like until long after you're gone." GWB, Washington, D.C., May 5, 2006

"The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the ? the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice." GWB, Washington, D.C., Oct. 27, 2003

We had a chance to visit with Teresa Nelson who's a parent, and a mom or a dad." GWB, Jacksonville, Florida, Sept. 9, 2003

"Security is the essential roadblock to achieving the road map to peace." GWB, Washington, D.C., July 25, 2003

"First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill." Washington, D.C., May 19, 2003

"I think war is a dangerous place." Washington, D.C., May 7, 2003

"We ended the rule of one of history's worst tyrants, and in so doing, we not only freed the American people, we made our own people more secure." Crawford, Texas, May 3, 2003

"You're free. And freedom is beautiful. And, you know, it'll take time to restore chaos and order ? order out of chaos. But we will." Washington, D.C., April 13, 2003

Reply to
F.H.

This is nuttin. Want me to post some good ones from old gore and a few others? They are all funny and of course many funnies are taken out of context, which is ok, but a little unfair, but who cares right?

Reply to
dbu,.

Bush is in a class by himself. BTW, there should be a comma after cares, but who cares, right?

Reply to
F.H.

you got it.

Reply to
dbu,.

What's wrong with these quotes? I can understand them perfectly.

Reply to
badgolferman

The Iranians could proliferate? Pronoun trouble.

Well, yeah, but "not be"??

"Suiciders" is a word?? I know language is fluid, but...

But he didn't. Pronoun trouble again.

LOL! He implied that he talks to people who've died! Or another take: he talks to families & then (as a result)... they die.

Quite a feat if you can manage to do it. (Reincarnation, anyone?)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Yes, by all means, please post them.

They are all funny and of course many funnies are taken out of

No need to explain, just post them if you have them.

Reply to
XTS

These quotes are actually stupid no matter what the context in which he was speaking. There is actually a complete hard boud book on the stupid senseless things Bush has said. No other president in the history of this country has a complete book of senseless asinine quotes simply because no other president has said as many dumb things that can justify a complete book.

Reply to
Beren Stained Bear

Reply to
Beren Stained Bear

I did post just a few. There's a lot more. Really really funny.

Reply to
dbu,.