One thing I've noticed about the Scion XA...

It's a nuisance, but it doesn't bother me that much

OUCH

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Wickeddoll®" wrote in news:42921a16$0$6826$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr:

Your gas has little sulfur in it.

other brands until the fartiness comes back. ;)

Reply to
TeGGeR®

You have my sympathy. Here it dropped to $2.04. BUT I never use regular! I usually run 1/2 tank 89 & 1/2 tank 93, for 91.

I don't get it...there are a lot of refineries in CA; all of ours gets shipped in through New Haven CT. Why do we pay less???

Reply to
hachiroku

hachiroku wrote in news:H5ske.16$5b.7@trndny03:

I almost bought one of those in 1991. The $6,000 premium over the Integra turned me off. I wanted RWD, but not *that* bad.

Unfortunately, Toyota that year just did not have what I wanted.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Cuz your politicians suck?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Like the smell of NJ as you enter it from PA.

Reply to
Josh

Sure? Toyota that year had the MR2!

Reply to
Josh

"Josh" wrote in news:crWdnSZ865NzCg snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

My previous car was an '82 Corolla Liftback. I wanted a new version of that, with lots of cargo capacity. Was not interested in a minivan.

The Corolla in 1991 was available as sedans or coupes only.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I've owned a new xA for about 2 weeks now (approx. 450 miles on the odo.) and have noticed nothing unusual about the exhaust (I was an ASE certified mechanic for about 15 years). I vary my gas purchases (Minneapolis area western suburbs) between Citgo, Holiday, Costco and a couple of one off independents.

Reply to
null_pointer

Do you have any theories as to why some Toyotas fart and others are OK? I got my Scion last week, so it's early yet, but being in Florida, the AC is on like all the time, of course. We'll see, but it's my husband's car anyway. I'll be driving my Echo, assuming it survives my son until hubby gets back from Korea. See my later post regarding my son and the Echo.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

No Supra, eh? The GT-S (both Corolla and Celica) were front-drivers by that time.

I *wish* I had bought mine in '91. First one I saw was in '89 in Toronto, and decided I wanted one! It only took 12 years! Mine was a '90 with

112,000 on it. Shoulda bought a new one in '91, but my 'hachiroku' was still an awesome machine at the time.
Reply to
hachiroku

I had an '80 'Rolla 'coupe' (hatch). Bought it new. Nice car...

Reply to
hachiroku

I guess we get a 'sympathy' price on gas for that. Maybe I *WILL* vote for Kennedy next time if that's the case...

Reply to
hachiroku

Must be that Massachusetts Chappaquiddick discount...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

It's been covered to death - too much sulfur in certain brands of gasoline, and a new more efficient catalytic converter catalyst mix in new Toyotas that stinks to heck if you run any sulfur at all through it. Even at a few parts per million.

And it will vary regionally, by originating refinery, pipeline company and regional tank farm. Almost too many variables to track.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I spoke too soon - read my recent post