Opinions on various seat covers?

Want to get some seat covers for the 06 Rav4 I just bought, looking for some opinions. I've used the sheepskins in the past but never really liked them. Neoprene is popular now but never had any experience with them. Any others I should look at? Thanks if you can help.

--Ben

Reply to
Ben Phlat

I do not have firsthand experience with neoprene seat covers, but since they are not porous, I would imagine that they do an excellent job of protecting the factory seat covers from spills at the cost of poor breathability when sitting on them.

As an alternative, you can purchase a fabric protectant like Scotch Guard and apply it to the factory upholstery once a year. Cleaning the upholstery once a year with Simple Green is very easy - spray on, brush with a fingernail brush, wipe off, and after a couple of hours, treat with Scotch Guard.

Reply to
Ray O

Neoprene is pretty durable but the ones I had faded in three years. For something that costs a minimum of $22 per, I wouldn't expect them to fade that fast!

I didn't find them particularly sticky in hot weather...cooler than leather, for sure!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hooters has some pretty nice seat covers.....but they probably would not be appropriate to take home....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Reply to
Hachiroku

You listening to Howie?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I was but I was busy.

Looks like our Gov put his foot in his mouth up to his knee!

Reply to
Hachiroku

You tar baby....you....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Well, taxi drivers like those beaded type of seat covers. I tried the wooden beaded ones but didn't particularly like them. If you wear shorts and have hairy legs like I do they catch in the holes of the beads and pull your hairs. However the beaded types breathe very nicely so you don't have to worry about sweating or stuff like that. Check out some and I would suggest the smallest beads possible for best form-fitting comfort.

Reply to
badgolferman

I've had a set of wet okele covers

they were pricey but fit well

But the sun ate them up in abt two years

Had a set for my Mazda Protege

Like you I'm looking for something else now

I thought abt trying sheepskin but see you don't like em

How come?

Reply to
me

They didn't wear that well for me and after a while they started to smell like, well .........sheep!

--Ben

Reply to
Ben Phlat

OK thanks I wont try them then

Costco has some at a good price and I've been tempted to try em

But now I think I will pass

Reply to
me