OT attn/dbu

If you've never done this before, try it.

Pick out enough potatoes so everyone will have one. Choose small but at least as long as a link of breakfast sausage. Core the potato and save both ends. Insert a UNCOOKED link of breakfast sausage into each one. Keep it in place by corking both ends. Use toothpicks to keep the ends from popping out. Now, either wrap each potato with one strip of bacon or roll each potato in saved bacon grease. Bake them on a wire rack for at least 1 1/2 hours @ 350 degrees top level of oven. Don't let on about the link of sausage. People have different reactions when they see the toothpicks. Last time I made this recipe the one's who scoffed or laughed were the one's asking for more. Broccoli or cauliflower makes for a nice side dish.

Reply to
mark digital©

Mark, Sounds AWESOME! I'm saving the recipe for a campout & preparation in a Dutch oven! Thanks,

Reply to
Ray O

I also printed it. Thanks Mark

Reply to