{OT} Hey, Ray and Charles (NO, NOT Ray Charles)

How's the weather out there?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Colder. And the hardest part of geting around is the jerk that owns the apartment building. He's had it plowed once, back at 5 am yesterday. The snow continued until noon, so it despirately needs replowed. The temp hasn't got above freezing since then so it's not melting. We got about 6 inches. At least that's what she said.

Right now we've got an inch of ICE on the parking lot. No salt, no plows. Barstid cheapskate. The roads are all clear. Of course, he's converting to condos, so he is trying to suck all the money out of it he can. Condos are made to con people out of their dough.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

How about F*ing COLD?

How about dj in Minneapolis at

btw Happy Birthday dj!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

They're in the Midwest, I take it?

Anyway...

Hey, if you can get ping Ray Charles to answer/come back to life, that'd be cool! I never saw him in concert & now regret it...

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

We got about 6 ~ 8 inches of sleety snow Thursday night - Friday morning that turned into wet heavy snow, now it is about 20 degrees and cloudy. My snow blower doesn't have trouble blowing wet, heavy snow but it does have poor traction so I end up having to push it. I think I'll invest in some tire chains for the blower.

Reply to
Ray O

Charles, you might want to check out the B.S. apartments just west of H.E. Village Hall. It is probably under a mile to where you work - you could walk or bicycle on nice days.

Reply to
Ray O

He didn't see you either......

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Up here in Edmonton, Canada, my snow blower, WITH chain equipped wheels, sometimes spins, even in low. Mind you, not very often. Gas is 84.9 cents CDN a litre. Consider yourselves lucky.

Reply to
sharx35

I miss my Wheel Horse tractor with the dozer blade :-(

It handled 18" of wet snow without any trouble, without the snow blowing back in your face, with no soreness in the morning.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
Hachiroku

Gas jumped from 225.9 to 239.9 at Exxon/Mobil the day of the storm. The spirit of Johnny Rockefeller lives on. . . . . Forutnately I already had a full tank that I bought for 218.9

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

We don't have Ray Charles, but occasionally Stevie Wonder's working in the shipping department..

Charles of Schamburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

Hey guys - that's why they make those little bolt-on wheel weights for the snowblower tires. Chains plus weights.

Then again, wouldn't it be easier to make studded tires?

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Damn cold, I was out in it limping on my injured toe. It's feeling a lot better, maybe I'll go jogging Sunday, but maybe not. Wickeddoll said to stay off, she is a medical pro so I'll follow her advice.

Yes, for some reason I feel a year older.

Reply to
dbu,

My tractor had wheel weights (25 lbs on each wheel) and chains and rarely spun its tires. The wheel diameter on my snowblower is probably to small to hold enough weight to make a difference. I'm hoping that chains will provide enough traction.

Reply to
Ray O

My snow blower does not have the problem ;-)

Reply to
Scott in Florida

When you need a snow blower in Florida, we're ALL in trouble! lol

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

Thanks for rubbing it in!

Reply to
Ray O

It should....at a slower speed, though.

Reply to
sharx35

I thought that in the Florida panhandle that snow was not totally rare.

Reply to
sharx35