Charles of Kankakee

I've been sadly absent for a week, during which I assumed room temperature for an hour or so. (It's called a quadruple bypass, dude.)

There are some who, no doubt wish that the room temperature thing was permanent. I'm not putting any miles on the Corolla for a while, so it stands at 202,000 and change.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Welcome back Charles... seems like you made a great recovery in only a week. I doubt if ANYONE here really wishes you ill, even the Lazy Lugubrious Liberals.

Reply to
Mark

Ah, the cadence of the Toyota NG - pull the politics into every single thread!

Seriously, I'm glad you've recovered so well, Charles - I've been gone too, during my recent move, so I'm catching up myself

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Welcome back Charles! Glad to hear you're getting along well!

(BTW, where'd you get the 'assumed room temperature..., hmmmm?) ;)

Reply to
hachiroku

I think you are without a doubt a bit insane, but I would never wish illness on yah =) Hope you make a quick and full recovery.

Reply to
Josh

Charles,

We're glad to hear you're back and on the mend! I actually thought of you this past weekend as I was driving my daughter and her friends on I-57 towards Kankakee, on our way to the Tweeter Center in Tinley Park.

Reply to
Ray O

Well durig the bypass they chill you down to room tempurature and stop your heart while they're working on it. Causes less damage and it heals faster. There's a new procedure they're developing that doesn't require that but it's still in the developmental stage. They've learned that when it is not necessary to hack and slash, it's necessary not to hack and slash. They've found the less they disturb the healthy tissues around the object being worked on, the faster everything starts coming back together.

My heart started on its own afterwards. The nurse was so excited. Damn stubborn old heart anyway. 80% require assistance.

Had some BP issues Sunday thru Tuesday. They had me too low. My brother was getting real upset because I was going around in such bad condition, he thought I was faking it. Then the home health care nurse took my BP and it was 85/45. A little low. Need a little more oil in the sump, I guess. So a couple days later they took me off the BP meds for a while. I'm 115/60 or so and that's pretty good. I can function more like a normal person. Eventually it will begin building up again, but for now we want to keep it at least 100. I want to function better, but first I have to be able to function. Before you move a car you have to be able to start it, in the general course of things.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Needed it. This weekend we were having a bit of BP problems. We seem to have got her all sorted out. Still a lot of steps to go, but at least now we can make steps. A car who's motor doesn't run too well can't get very far without a tow truck.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

They are trying to learn how to do better surgery. They have been working in this area on 'less-invasive' technicques for several years. They find the body gets back to normal faster, and healing progresses a lot faster than it used to. Less chance of 'losing the patient'. The operation was a success, but the patient died is not a phrase they like to hear around here for some reason. (That actually happened to my grandfather, BTW. He had an ulcer burst on July 1. They 'saved' his life with emergency surgery, but his kidneys shut down and he died on July 3 back 45 years ago or so. )

Sort of like when working on a car. You don't want to have to disassemble the entire front of the car to work on the motor. You want to get in, get it done right, get out, without having to put together 1,367 other parts afterwards. (Remember the 70's Monza?) When it is not necessary to disassemble a component, it is necessary not to disassemble a component..

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Thank you.

I think you need a little age on your frame and you might see things differently. Get out of them Blue states a while and start asking inteligent questions of your own point of view. I did when I was younger. Some of the answers will prove quite painful. I had to eat a lot of crow as I got older and started getting away from what I had been taught and started finding my own answers. That run-in with my distant cousins at 13 was just the beginning of a long journey. Had I not already known what John Birch was, I might have let it slide entirely. But I have this really bad habit of calling to account those who lie like that and expect me to believe it because they said it, especially when they think they are over you and better than you are. This relative was in my class at school in those days and he thought that because I was an 'outsider' born in Chicago, I was no good and stupid etc. (I have my grade cards for those years *somewhere*, you can see I was not as stupid as he made out.)

The one thing that saddens me is this 'relative truth' business. There are facts that are immutable facts. Gravity pulls down, everywhere, at all times. If you cut yourself with a knife, you're gonna bleed. Stick your hand in a fire and it's gonna get cripsy real fast. You can believe something else, but it doesn't alter the truth. What are your core truths?

  1. God Is. God is the First Cause, Prime Mover, the Greatest. All of the Time. Despite man's petty religions trying to paint Him in a box not of His own making.

  1. Despite man's best efforts, Rule #1 still apples.

  2. There will be a test afterward.

"When Adam delved and Eve spann, who was then the gentleman?"

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Even though you have announced my being killfiled perhaps you will see this post anyway. Welcome back from the hospital room to the Toyota room.

Reply to
badgolferman

Oops the average IQ in here just dropped another point...

Just kidding. Here's to a bunch more good years, dude.

Reply to
dizzy

Maybe if old Dizz had the paddles applied, he might me a little less LIEbrawl.

Reply to
Sharx35

I specifically turned off the kill file for a while. Thanks. BTW.

Killfile is screwing up some threads. I need to unsusbscribe/resubscribe to clear up some of the threads. (I have to do this about once a year to clear up the debris anyway, as I keep the newsgroups only about a week long and after I delete the old ones, new messages to them don't pop up properly.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

Here's to honest discussion and digging down to the real truth. And to our faithful Toyotas.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

The scary part is there are thousands of guys like dizzy who are sitting in front of a PC at some liberal college somewhere, like UC Berkeley, that actually believe what the professors are telling them is the way it is in the REAL world. They really think they can convince others that it is as well. It usually takes five to ten years after college, out in the real world, before some of them get it, but many like little richard seem never get it. LOL

mike hunt

Sharx35 wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo

Mike,

BTW, we elected you to the 1988-89 Student Council at my college.

I used to believe what my teachers taught, 'till too much of it started not agreeing with facts even a stupid kid could see.

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

[...]

From one who lurks in the background, good to see you back. If you're surfing already you must be doing well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

Back when I was in college, in the late forties, the professors where smart enough to know that all Americans should be on the same side during time of war and nobody used the war for political gain.

Today the nitwits that still do not understand we are at war with all of the radical Islamic extremist and are trying to convinece the rest of the nitwits that Iraq is not part of that war and they are doing it simply for political gain to get back in power. It is sad.

mike hunt

"Charles @ Kankakee" wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo