{OT} laundry woe

I ran a load of light permanent press and our best white towels together. And when everything came out of the dryer one large bath towel (only one mind you) had spattering of cloudy dark stains. My wife was sadly upset. The towel is almost as long as I am tall. Stand back and the pattern of blotches look like a half baked Shroud of Turin. I know for sure the washing machine was empty before I loaded it. I know I checked all pockets for things that shouldn't be part of the load. And I know the dryer was empty before I loaded it. The lint screen was cleaned before drying. Trapped lint after drying shows no sign of black anything. I've never seen this happen before. This is worse than missing a sock.

Reply to
mark digital©

Maybe it's a sign from above. :)

Wash it again and bleach the heck out of it. If a smiley face appears then you know something is going on.

Reply to
dbu.,

since only one towel had the stains, could it be that some one used it to blot-up something then hid their dirty deed? I could see you making the error if all the towels had some staining, but since it only happened to one, I'm doubtful you did anything wrong.

on the other hand, you could use this experience as a way of getting out of doing the laundry. every time your wife brings up the chore, remind her of what happened to one of her best towels. she may just let you off the hook!

Reply to
: P

LOL! You think a lot like I do!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

But... the potential silver lining: find a pattern (one that's even just semi-recognizable will do) - that has religious or star-quality recognition - in those towel stains, & put it up for auction on eBay. ;-P

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.