'06 Mustang Colors, Part II

OK, I need a little more help, if you don't mind.
I'm going to be buying an '06 GT Mustang convertible, with the Redfire exterior. I kind of think that the black leather seats would go well with
the bright exterior. Question is, how hot do those seats get during the summer. Can anyone out there with the black leather seats let me know how they like them?
Thanks again for your help!
Ken Zwyers

I have a coupe. The seats do not get overly hot. They're leather, not plastic. With the top down, the seats will get hot, in the sunshine, no matter what color they are. I'd try to keep them from being exposed to much direct sunlight.
Having had a convertible once (not a Mustang), I'd never have another one. But, each to his own. -- 'Til next time,
John H
****************************************** ***** Have a Spectacular Day! ***** ******************************************
Hotter than a two dollar pistol. Leather gets hot - period. Black will be that much hotter. I had tan ones and they were bad. I ahve grey ones in my Libby and they are better than the tan was. Hell these are heated even but there is a simple solution. Keep a towel neatly folded up behind each seat on the floorboard. When it's too hot, grab the towel and toss it over the seat. The towels come in handy when you need to protect your trunk, carpet or seats from other potential hazards too, like muddy feet or that plant you bought or whatever. You can get nice black towels at Bed Bath and Beyond. Easy to wash and then they go right back where they were.
Worked great for me for years.
Kate 2O|||||||O5 Liberty Limited With a lot fewer mods on it now than it will have in six months.
: OK, I need a little more help, if you don't mind. : : I'm going to be buying an '06 GT Mustang convertible, with the Redfire : exterior. I kind of think that the black leather seats would go well with : the bright exterior. Question is, how hot do those seats get during the : summer. Can anyone out there with the black leather seats let me know how : they like them? : : Thanks again for your help! : : Ken Zwyers : :
OH! One other note. Ford has a reputation for not having the best leather. My experience was pretty much the same. It ages quickly and looks pretty rough after about four years. Black will be worse because of the heat it absorbs.
You REALLY ought to go find a used Mustang with leather seats and ahve a look at them. It's not a pretty sight. At least with black you will have the option of dying things that go bad, unlike the tan.
Kate

The leather in my '97 is just fine except for the drivers seat, which shows wear that is probably acceptable for the milage. What did occur though is the foam inside the left bolster started braking down and the leather wore against the frame. I caught it in time and reinforced it from behind and filled in the bolster with additional foam. It's impossible to tell anything was done without removing the seat and looking inside, but without that action it would have quickly gotten very bad.
KJ.Kate wrote: : > OH! One other note. Ford has a reputation for not having the best leather. : > My experience was pretty much the same. It ages quickly and looks pretty : > rough after about four years. Black will be worse because of the heat it : > absorbs. : : The leather in my '97 is just fine except for the drivers seat, which : shows wear that is probably acceptable for the milage. What did occur : though is the foam inside the left bolster started braking down and the : leather wore against the frame. I caught it in time and reinforced it : from behind and filled in the bolster with additional foam. It's : impossible to tell anything was done without removing the seat and : looking inside, but without that action it would have quickly gotten very : bad. :
With the height of the bolsters, I would think that should be expected. Good Save! It's the bolsers IMO that make the seats so great! I wish that Ford would just use a softer leather.
On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:52:04 -0600, "Ken Zwyers"

Ken,
A lot of the "hot" depends on where you live. I live in South Louisiana, and during the summer, it gets "blue blazes hot" here almost every day, a white car with white interior would "roast" you on the way home if it was parked in the sun. My previous 'Stang was redfire with dark charcoal leather interior, it was MISERABLY HOT. My current one has the Light gray interior. I'm not sure there is much difference in temperature, I guess anything above 200 feels about the same <sigh>
If you're "up north" then the black/drak gray interior probalbly would be OK, down here or out west in the desert, well, that's another story all together.
Then again, I know people who "insist" on driving a black car with black interior, they "endure" because it's what they want to do. Get what you want, as long as you're "thrilled" with it and enjoy it, the difference in "seat temperature" won't make much difference. And then... When you get ready for a new one, hmmmm..... The "hot seats" will be a deciding factor and get you into the "new car smell" (which can be hazardous if you're an OLD FART) <wink> LOL
Hope you enjoy your new pony when you get it :)
John
Thanks to everyone for your help. Well, looks like I have some decisions to make. I live in the Chicago area, but the sun can still beat down pretty well during the summer. I think my best bet is to go to a few dealerships, see some leather and some cloth seats, then decide which I like best, all things considered. If I prefer the leather seats, I'll go with the GT Premium, otherwise I'll go with the GT Deluxe. I'm replacing the stereo with an XM compatible one, so the stereo isn't all that big a factor to me, anyway.
wrote:

with
how
Ford still isn't offering satellite radio? Wow.. even the dimwits at DC offer satellite.
KJK
wrote: : > : > >OK, I need a little more help, if you don't mind. : > > : > >I'm going to be buying an '06 GT Mustang convertible, with the Redfire : > >exterior. I kind of think that the black leather seats would go well : with : > >the bright exterior. Question is, how hot do those seats get during the : > >summer. Can anyone out there with the black leather seats let me know : how : > >they like them? : > > : > >Thanks again for your help! : > > : > >Ken Zwyers : > > : > : > : > Ken, : > : > A lot of the "hot" depends on where you live. I live in South : > Louisiana, and during the summer, it gets "blue blazes hot" here : > almost every day, a white car with white interior would "roast" you on : > the way home if it was parked in the sun. My previous 'Stang was : > redfire with dark charcoal leather interior, it was MISERABLY HOT. My : > current one has the Light gray interior. I'm not sure there is much : > difference in temperature, I guess anything above 200 feels about the : > same <sigh> : > : > If you're "up north" then the black/drak gray interior probalbly : > would be OK, down here or out west in the desert, well, that's another : > story all together. : > : > Then again, I know people who "insist" on driving a black car with : > black interior, they "endure" because it's what they want to do. Get : > what you want, as long as you're "thrilled" with it and enjoy it, the : > difference in "seat temperature" won't make much difference. And : > then... When you get ready for a new one, hmmmm..... The "hot : > seats" will be a deciding factor and get you into the "new car smell" : > (which can be hazardous if you're an OLD FART) <wink> LOL : > : > Hope you enjoy your new pony when you get it :) : > : > John : :
Ford does offer satellite radio, but they're aligned with Sirius. I've been an XM subscriber for over 4 years now, and I prefer to stick with them.
wrote:

Redfire
know
When I ordered my 2005 loaded F-450, I could not get a CD player that played MP3's, yet it was available on the $12.000 entry level Kids car. Go figure.
I couldn't care less about satellite radio. I will never pay for it. It's just like cable TV and buying coverage for the items you buy. They can only sell it because a bunch of otherwise bright people pay for what they would otherwise get for free...

Well *I* haven't paid for a damn thing! Mine came with a free one year subscription and I am using it. Chances are good that I will subscribe when my year is up because out here in the middle of the bible belt where people only listen to gospel and old whiney country, I like to listen to things like jazz. old time radio, new country, rock n roll and the comedy that you can only hear on satellite because every other F-ing station here has been so sensored that they don't fart without a Bless You to follow. The local pastors have a very popular talk show that is actually quite funny but still, it is nice to have something from the 'outside world' even if I have to pay for it..
Man, I gotta get the hell outta here.
[...]
It's your choice whether to buy it or not, whatever works for you. However, I'm not paying for anything that I would otherwise get for free. For me, XM has so much more content than I can find on all the AM/FM stations combined in Chicago. Being in my mid-40's, there are no AM/FM stations that play only 60's, 70's or 80's music - without commercials. All the stations in my area combined don't play the diversity of music that XM (and I assume Sirius) have to offer. There are no comedy-only radio stations. There are no all-MLB, or all NASCAR (not my style, but it's very popular), etc. stations. There are no AM/FM stations that I can listen to throughout an entire driving vacation. And certainly not with the clarity of satellite radio.
Like I say, if you don't want the service, there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't kid yourself that you can get the same content for free, because you can't. It just might not be worth the price to you. The fact that it is worth it to me doesn't make me less than bright.
wrote:

well
during
on
My
the
another
Get
the
smell"

: > It's your choice whether to buy it or not, whatever works for you. : > However, : > I'm not paying for anything that I would otherwise get for free. For me, : > XM : > has so much more content than I can find on all the AM/FM stations : > combined : > in Chicago. Being in my mid-40's, there are no AM/FM stations that play : > only 60's, 70's or 80's music - without commercials. All the stations in : > my : > area combined don't play the diversity of music that XM (and I assume : > Sirius) have to offer. There are no comedy-only radio stations. There : > are : > no all-MLB, or all NASCAR (not my style, but it's very popular), etc. : > stations. There are no AM/FM stations that I can listen to throughout an : > entire driving vacation. And certainly not with the clarity of satellite : > radio. : > : > Like I say, if you don't want the service, there's nothing wrong with : > that. : > Just don't kid yourself that you can get the same content for free, : > because : > you can't. It just might not be worth the price to you. The fact that it : > is worth it to me doesn't make me less than bright. : : It absolutely is not worth the price to me. Just like paying extra for a : warranty that the manufacture should and DID in the past. provide at no : additional cost, with their products. : : Instead of the sponsors footing the entire bill, now they are getting money : from the sponsors and directly from the listeners too. All they have done : is repackaged the same old shit, sold it as something new and improved, : suckered a bunch of otherwise bright people into paying for what they would : otherwise get for free, abracadabra. : : It will work just like HBO and Showtime did, sell it as a great improvement, : NO COMMERCIALS. Get the mindless cattle hooked, add the commercials back : in, raise the rates 6-10% per year, now you have network TV for $60+ per : month. Same as TiVo, again no Commercials, fast forward right through them, : right, get everyone hooked, what's that? Commercials can't be skipped : anymore? Surprised? : : Now they have you thinking you can't live with out their content, what a : shame. That's a better racket than the $5 a day Starbucks one. I'm glad : you feel you are getting a good deal. It is still a rip-off. I don't care : what they are selling I can live a happy full life without it. : : My point was not that the exact same content was currently available over : the air waves for free, it was simply that if nobody was duped into paying : for it in the first place, you could get it paid for by the advertisers : alone. : : I'm glad you think it is worth it, as long as you understand the game, then : you know what you are getting, no harm no foul. I suppose you like having : toll roads along with paying your road taxes too? : : To each his own, enjoy your pay radio.
You do have some really REALLY good points.
If I had a better selection of radio to listen to here -three stations I think that come in clearly- I wouldn't spend the money. Same thing for television. We only get one station with antenna so fall victim to satellite. Well, then if you have it you may as well go all the way. Same with internet. We only had dialup for two years. I wrote a dozen letters, made as many phone calls and now we have DSL. Again, the price is higher but we get what we want. Not NEED mind you but want.
I seriously agree with you on nearly every point that you made and until moving to this place refused to pay for TV and would have scoffed the idea of paying for radio. If I am ever fortunate enough to move from here I will likely go back to my old ways. Antenna on the roof and free radio.
Kate
Snippage...

Kate,
Don't check in here as much as I used to but after staying up with the 'Mustang Colors' thread, sumpin' goin on between the lines... are you dissatisfied with the move out of the big CA??? Surely you're not thinking of coming back are you?? Regrets?? I can't believe ANYTHING could be as bad as life out here and the costs to live here...what say ye?? Personally, I'm counting the days (~2 years till retirement) when I can escape...
nohitter in Ventura '98 triple black Cobra 'vert

I agree with most of your points and basically feel the same way myself. However, there are tons of places that radio reception either sucks or there isn't a station worth listening to. In that case I usually revert to listening to CD's.
Personally I like classic rock and I'm fortunate enough to have a really good Radio station in my area that plays that format. I even enjoy some of the Ad's & PSA's. As they let me know about events that are happening in my area.
Now all that being said; if I lived in area with shitty reception or limited selection I might actually subscribe to one of the services. It would be a lot cheaper then buying even one CD a month.
--

December 9, 2005 (CNN) While interviewing an anonymous
US Special Forces soldier, a Reuters News agent asked

You still can't beat the fidelity of a CD on a real good system IMO. Since I make my own CDs from dl'd music (gotta love alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.complete_cd), my total cost is the CD itself and the time it takes to make the CD from the mp3s. It's a no-brainer. BTW, most of the mp3s on that newsgroup are ripped at 192 or higher, so the fidelity is still right there.

I've been cursing you under my breath ever since you previously mentioned that group. :) It consumes *way* too much time trying to keep up with the posts. There are a lot of posters there supplying a _lot_ of HQ rips. Good stuff!
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.

John, there are several things you might do to save time. One would be to use something like Grabit which lets you search for specifics; the other would be to look only in the "sub-groups" for specific genres or time periods. HTH.