OT - More delays? I tell you...

...it's a conspiracy! It's horrible!

I was just comparing my NBC network standard and high-definition channels. They carry the same programming, yet the high-def is about four seconds behind standard definition.

It has just GOT to be the fault of the White House. NBC network is obviously trying to keep something from us. They must be in Bush's pocket.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

Just because you can't prove a conspiracy doesn't mean that they're not out to get you... ;-)

There's an extra satellite hop or long terrestrial fiber link involved in there somewhere. I could see a delay for an upconverter to the proper HD format, but not four seconds worth.

New York probably uplinks the standard definition signal directly from New York, and ships the HD signal on a fiber to Houston to go up on a different bird.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Exactly. Each network has its choice as to where and how their signal is routed. Extra OC-48's ,etc., can also vary depending on network traffic. The direct route isn't always possible, nor is the time delay consistent, depending on how busy available fiber is at any given time.

Or any variation similar to this. You are quite correct.