{OT:} Now the truth starts leaking out.

Barack Hussein Obama now says that he will push for a raise in Social Security Taxes if he is elected.

Typical Dimocrap. Raise Taxes. That's all they know. To them, it's not YOUR money, it's THEIR money, and they gracuiously let you keep some. They all ought to be marched right out of the country. Send them to the Workers Paradise of Cuba and George Ryan's friend Fidel.

I think the Left Coast and the Least Coast want the Dims so bad, we ought to let them form their own country and they can have the Dims. We don't need them, although for some reason Illinois seems to be stuck with them. Lincoln must be turning over in his grave.

Charles the Curmudgeon

Reply to
n5hsr

Ronald Reagan raised Social Security Taxes. What did that make him?

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com, sprach forth the following:

Ronald Reagan also "cut and ran" from Lebanon.

Ronald Reagan also TALKED to Gorbachev instead of bombing him.

Ronald Reagan also SAID "tear down this wall" instead of bombing it.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

Do a little reading on the Social Security cap, then come back and tell us what you have learned. (raising the cap has no effect on the amount of SS paid by the majority who are well under the cap - it would only affect the small minority who earn over the present cap...)

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

And this surprises you how?

Reply to
witfal

The party doesn't matter. They all want our money one way or the other.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I truly believe that the Republicans want cheap labor, Dems want higher taxes, thereby ensuring you're on the same lake.

Just in a different boat.

Reply to
witfal

The "it's your money" Social Security BS has always been a fraud. It was a fraud when implement in the 30's and still is today. Once the Government took "your money", it is not your money any more, no matter what politicians allow you to think. My parents and grandparents have gotten more out social security than they ever paid in. Now maybe if my Grandfather had been an investment genius, he could have made more in clever investments than SS paid him, but I doubt that this would be the case on average. The question is - do you want to give old people a pension or not? If the answer is no, then just shut down SS. We can just have the government give you back your money as a credit against future taxes (taxes that are likely to be just as high or higher as you total Federal taxes are including SS). See how that works out.

I despise the Democrats for making people think that the Federal Government has to handle every problem and right every wrong. I despise the Republicans for making people think that all taxes are bad and that the Government shouldn't do anything but spend billions (or is it trillions now) on defense (and not pay for it).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@t8g2000prg.googlegroups.com, sprach forth the following:

He RAIDED the trust fund, imbecile.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

There are a lot of things about social security that are flat wrong. I have been drawing (early) since 2000. Before the deduct for part "B" I get something over 540/month or about 7000/year or some 45,000 in the 7 years. I paid in for exactly 40 quarters, most of it in late 50's (military) and prior to 1971. I "contributed" some 2500 or so dollars. So I am part of the problem.

I am fortunate that I could exist without social security but because my health insurance is tied to part "B" I must have the medicare.

The program was never intended to be a retirement plan but a help aqlong with ones own resources. Over the years the people and our "representatives" have forgotten this and tried to fund much more than the program was ever planned for. The sponsorship requirement for immigrants is ignorged , the benefit is not tiered to input, nor is there any way to "enhance" it by making additional payments. As a Republican I say both parties are pandering or posturing (maybe its the same) and expecting the ones that have become dependant on the premise that social security is your retirement, to keep voting them in. AND THEY DO IT!

Ron in Ca

Reply to
ron

Typical rightard. Lie. That's all they know.

Hilarious that this "n5hsr" lying POS considers himself a "Christian". Laff.

He'd probably take a shit on everyone one of his "brothers" if he got to keep more of his filthy MONEY.

Reply to
dizzy

I have to be on Medicare, too, because of the way the damn law was written. I've been paying in since 1975 myself. I feel like I'm stealing from old people, but it's either that or die. (I'm sure JoeNoBedroom and the Leftards would prefer I die.)

Charles the Curmudgeon

Reply to
n5hsr

Why would anyone wish such a thing on a filthy liar such as yourself?

Reply to
dizzy