how to tell if you have a US or Japan model

Please be specific to 1999 Camry.

I am getting a new door handle, and I need to know if I have a US or Japan model. I have not seen any plates anywhere. How do I tell?

Second question. Who is the best source of this part? (please provide precise URL)

thanks!

Reply to
58Retire

Your VIN will start with a J if made in Japan. It will start with a number if made in US. You can find the VIN at the base of the windshield on driver's side.

Reply to
badgolferman

But if it starts with a 2 it was made in Canada---although I don't think Toyota ever made the Camry in Canada. That's where my Corolla was made.

Reply to
Sean Elkins

The certification label on the drivers door should tell you. You can also tell by the VIN Code. If the first digit is a J, the vehicle was built in Japan.

See:

You need to define best - and whether you want OEM or aftermarket parts.

Try:

And hundreds more......

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

99 Camrys with VIN starting with "J" are Japanese built.
Reply to
Sharx35