{OT} Oh, Boy! New toy! (NOT a car!)

Went to my favorite place yesterday...Salvation Army. They had an Early '80's Realistic receiver there for $5. I tried it with some speakers on the shelf and only one side worked, then realized it was one of the speakers that was bad. When I used two good speakers, all four channels worked.

4 channels. Four discrete channels. It's one of those 4 channel receivers that can use a true 4 channel input, or synthesize the sound so it appears to be 4 channels.

Since I have a 4 channel sound card, this could be interesting!

Reply to
Hachiroku

When does your insurance renew? There's going to be a 12% decrease for those who renew after March. But if you renew between January and March your rate will remain the same. Won't see the decrease until 2008. This was all determined back in 2004. Guess the powers that be were partying with Kennedy ;) ?

Reply to
mark digital©

April! April! My Policy renews in April!!!! Wooooo-Hooooo! I saw that on Channel 22 the other day!

BTW, did you see Lynn tonight? Gee, she didn't have to sneak up on a glass of water tonight!

Reply to
Hachiroku

It took awhile before I understood the joke. I didn't see her. I've been busy helping my wife bake her first bread in a new breadmachine. I mean, I was so impressed by what I could see thru the view window I couldn't get out of the kitchen. I'm a stickler for accuracy so I change volumns to weights. Unfortunately, come the warmer months and change in the humidity and I'll be back to square one. Ever wonder why your favorite pizza joint can't make great pizza ALL the time? It's the weather!! I was at my insurance agent's office just two days ago and he never mentioned this reduction. I learned it through the newspaper. Mine renews in January. Maybe he wanted to avoid an arguement ;)

Reply to
mark digital©

That blows. That means you have to wait until Next year for the reduction :(

Yeah, they said this on 22 the other night, and I couldn't remember when mine came up, but then I remember when I made my last payment that she said, "Well, your paid up until April! COOL!

Yeah, and Lynn was *almost* cute! I don't know who does her hair and makeup on weekends, but they should KEEP that person!

One time I was watching it with my Mom and I went GAAAH! She said, "What" I told her to look at the TV...SHE went GAAAH! (I think it was around Halloween, IIRC... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku