Mods to a Ford Focus Zetec 03?

Plan to add some mods tot he car, but to clued up on Ford parts and mods and what reputable people to turn to for the work.

Can any1 recommend mods and garages/parts places in and around Hertfordshire.

Thx

Reply to
Leon

What sort of mods? Body, chassis, engine, brakes?

Which engine?

Best thing is to buy yourself afew issues of Fast Ford and have a browse.

If you don't know what your doing, its perhaps best not to attempt it.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Yep been buying Fast Ford recently just trying to collate info together and get me self clued up on the fords.

Mod wise, I'll start with allow probably 17" 18-20 spoke rims, low profile. Desing a new backself out of MDF so I can put my 6x9s and amp on it. Find out if its possible to fit my old head unit ( Pioneer KEH-P8600R ) and

6-Disc CD Multi Changer ( Pioneer CDX-P620s ) as well.

Thats about it for now, but for sure am interested in getting rid of fords lame cd/radio unit and putting a 1/2 descent ICE into the car to keep me entertained.

Any recommendations/yips/ideas is appreciated.

Thx

Reply to
Leon

%some dood% scribbled:

Try

the forum section has listings for just about every mod you could possibly do to a focus

Reply to
LeeEskriett

n1 thx

Reply to
Leon

Some nice 17's look the biz yes, you;ll need 45 profile tyres to keep the rolling radius right, otherwise they just bolt on. Personnally I think the MP3 alloys look the part.

Yes the HU will fit- just pick up the dash adapter. The online sellers ones do a silver one to match your dash. You can fit the HU either in the top of the hole or the bottom, I prefer the bottom as you can get a more solid mount.

Why do you want your 6x9's on the back shelf? Do you drive from the back seat? No. As long as their not too deep, 6x9's will go straight into the front doors to replace the factory 5x7's. If the magnet does foul the window winder you'll need to make up some mdf spacers to push them forward alittle.

Get some decent power to these speakers (external amp, ~75w RMS) and run the factory rears from the HU internal amp, balance it out with the fader about

80% power to the front, 20% to the rear and you'll have something that sound 200% better than standard for very little work. The next stage from there would be a sub in the boot, so if you dont have a decent amp, and you may want a sub in the furture, think about buying a 4 channel-er. (can bridge the 2 spare channels to 1 to drive the sub when you get it)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Thx Tim,

On my old Nova I took of the custom shelve I did with the 4x80W Channel Amp by Caliber (CA 80.4) and the Pioneer TS-A6987 6x9s. I was also mad enought o buy another set of Pio speakers, massive bout 8" dia which i never put tog ood use so maybe now that i got the focus i can do something usefull with them.

Reply to
Leon