{OT} passport -->joke<--

The old American absent mindedly arrived at French customs at Paris airport and fumbled for his passport.

"You have been to France before Monsieur?", the customs officer asked sarcastically.

The ancient Yank admitted that he had been to France before.

"Then you should know enough to have your passport ready for inspection", snapped the irate official.

The American said that the last time he came to France he did not have to show his passport.

"Impossible, old man. You Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in France."

The old American gave the Frenchman a long hard look. "I assure you, young man, that when I came ashore on Omaha Beach in Normandy on D-Day in 1944, there was no damned Frenchman on the beach."

Reply to
badgolferman

I don't thinik the Germans were checking passports, either!

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

At the 1970 World Science Fiction Convention, held in Heidelburg, Germany, among the guests of honour was E.C. ("Ted") Tubb, one of Britain's senior SF writers, a Cockney with an engaging wit.

As Ted approached the podium to deliver his speech, the audience applauded warmly. At last there was silence. He looked around the crowded hall, smiling.

"That's so much nicer than when I last visited Germany," he said. "Last time, they shot at me."

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

Very funny, thanks. Reminds me of this one, supposedly true:

The German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them. So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747)listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign "Speedbird 206"

Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."

Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."

The BA 747 then pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.

Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"

Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."

Ground (with arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been To Frankfurt before?"

Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice, in 1944 but it was dark and I didn't stop."

Reply to
DH