OT: The fix is in again on gas prices

Why do you insist I'm blind to the less unfortunate? I offer suggestions. I do not call people names. I kid with Hachi only because he blurts out *I'm white*. I kid with dbu because he and his cohort in Florida politicize everything. I began by asking Charles if he used so much fuel that the rise in fuel costs really did hurt. And before I got an answer from him you jump in. I finally get an answer from Charles and I say I'm sorry he's scraping bottom. You, on the other hand, keep throwing shit around like you want to pick a fight. You call me an idiot and I reply I can buy you and sell you. Now, for the record, I'm tired of economics 101 from you. Thank you and it's not necessary.

Reply to
mark digital©

These things balance out. Once in a while, Kerry puts his foot in his mouth and says something stupid. Once in a while, you take your foot out of your mouth and say something that's not stupid.

Once in a great while, that is...

Reply to
dh

My brother-in-law is a stock broker. He doesn't make any money when the market sits idle.

Reply to
mark digital©

I did that for 3 years, until some of the customers began driving me crazy. I still run into two of them now and then. One thinks I'm amazing because I got him to buy Cisco when it was dirt cheap and nobody yet understood the potential. He made a killing with that stock. And, a rather wealthy woman thinks I didn't try hard enough to keep her from selling Cisco one day, when she was in a tizzy about something totally unrelated. She's nuts. I called my manager into my office to try and talk her out of it, but she insisted on selling it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Well, right about now, considering how many stock brokers have been shown the door, those who are left probably would be pleading Drive Me Crazy, I Don't Care. I'm not in this type of business so I have to be careful not to bite off more than I can chew. I can only speculate that today's climate is more an open season type of thing versus the old boys club. The latter being less volatile to crazy nonsensical things, but as you pointed out, not completely immune to tizzy fits.

Reply to
mark digital©

In message news:qYeHh.4271$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny, JoeSpareBedroom sprach forth the following:

You're right. Every price of every commodity and every stock in every corporation needs to be controlled by Nancy Pelosi.

How were Jefferson, Franklin, Washington, Madison, Paine, et al, so stupid as to not realize this?

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

In message news:WIOdnamsV87R4HDYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, mark_digital© sprach forth the following:

So you're saying he engages in churning? Have you reported him to the SEC and the Attorneys General of New York and his home state?

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

In message news:b3fHh.4202$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny, JoeSpareBedroom sprach forth the following:

Pot. Kettle. Asshole.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@64g2000cwx.googlegroups.com, Mark sprach forth the following:

No, gas prices tend to drop after the summer because the maze of state regulations on "boutique" formulas expire and refiners can return to making ONE gasoline rather than about 20.

The "summer driving season" is a myth - far more fuel is consumed when students are in school due to a variety of factors: school buses, parents driving their kids to school, teachers commuting.

Families who go on vacation tend to go on ONE trip, and once they arrive at their destination they do very little additional driving.

Pay attention this Spring to the first day after school and tell me if you see more vehicles on the road or fewer.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

In message news:gJfHh.4204$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny, JoeSpareBedroom sprach forth the following:

Why did the price go down after being $3.25 in September '05?

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

In message news:l1gHh.4278$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny, JoeSpareBedroom sprach forth the following:

I'm not surprised.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

Hmmm...no response. Interesting.

Also, the 'decrease' never hit the pump, but the 'increase' two days later was almost immediate. Within hours after being announced.

Reply to
Hachiroku

you should try living in the UK

Despite having our own oil, price is around £5 a gallon that is about $10 a gallon. It is illigal to put veggi oil into your vehicle instead of diesel as you bypass the tax. (so much for persuing green fuel.)

No >

Reply to
123

Yeah...I KNOW! Unbelievable! How much of that is tax?

That sucks. Here, Biodiesel is taxed just like regular diesel.

And you can tell when someone's burning Bio, 'cause it smells like French Fries (er, 'chips', I? guess...)

LOL! Glad to see you get it too! I don't know how it works there, but we get it from the Feds AND from the states!

Reply to
Hachiroku

No thanks.

American Liberals are bad enough....LOL